Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Bose Home 450

I just purchased a pair of Bose Home 450s from Costco with the expectation of setting up a Smart stereo pair for my living room.

I understand now from thoroughly researching Bose.com, the PDF manual and the Android Bose Music app that this is not a feature available at present.

Is this correct, I can pair my 2 Home 450s in group to play the same music but I am not able to create a left/right stereo pairing?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose Home 450

Your last sentence is correct.  The HS450/HS500 are designed to output stereo sound on their own and are optimised for music.  As with most of the Bose wireless speakers they link up but are designed for multi-room sound.  The idea is you pick the right speaker for the right room.  While they haven't done an updated version of the Soundtouch30 the speaker you have gives it a big run for its money and takes about a third of the space (the only thing it's really lacking is bass).  

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Re: Bose Home 450 Left/Right Stereo Pair

Thank you. Not the answer I was hoping for but the answer I expected. Is it a likely future feature?

Highlighted

Hello RiffRaffAK,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

It is correct that you can group the Home Speaker 450's but left/right stereo pairing is not currently available. I'd be happy to pass along your request to our development team for future consideration.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Honestly with the way it's designed I think it would sound terrible in that setup.  Imagine them setup 6 meters apart against a wall.  You would have left coming out of both sides of one and right coming out of both sides of the other. So you have left going to one wall, right to the other, and then L/R pointed at each other mixing the sound in the centre of the room.

A speaker like the HS 300 might work as a stereo pair, where each is a mono speaker pointed forward, but with speakers pointed to the side it will sound better (and you'll probably get better stereo sound anyway) on its' own.