Highlighted
gregalff
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

Bose Home 500 - Google Assistant understands commands very badly

Hi,

since a few weeks I have the Home 500 in my kitchen.

Before I had the big Google Home and afterwards the LG WK7 Speaker which where very good with the Google Assistant but didn't had the sound I was looking for.

The Google Assistant integrated in the Home 500 understands me very very bad.

I amost have to scream at it when for example I want to end an alarm or something.

Also when I when I say "Play Radio XXX" the Home 500 understands mit very bad.

Is it possible to get this better? Maybe more sensitive microphones?

Thank You

Gregor

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home 500 - Google Assistant understands commands very badly

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble using Google Assistant on your speaker and I would be happy to help with this.

When you are giving a command to Google for something like turning off the alarm, does the light bar react at all? When the speaker here's the wake word for a command, the light on the light bar should move to the centre to indicate it is listening. You can see more information on what the light bar statuses mean HERE.

The first step I would recommend you try for this would be to toggle the microphone, on and off, on your speaker. To do this you just need to press the icon on top of your speaker that shows a microphone with a line through it a couple of times. When the microphone is off, this icon will be red, so you want to make sure the icon is unlit when using the voice assistant.

After this, if the speaker is still not hearing you as clearly as it should, you will want to power cycle the speaker. You would do this by disconnecting the speaker from power for 30 seconds, then reconnecting and testing again.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.