Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

Bose Home 500 airplay?

It says Bose Home 500 speaker supports Airplay 2 on Bose website.  I've tried so many times but yet to see the Bose Home 500 speaker listed on my Airplay speaker list.  Can anyone tell me how this works?  I have no problem with other brand speakers.

Also how do I know if my Bose Home 500 has the latest firmware installed?  There's no way I can force a firmware check from the music app.  It show 7.0.9-8655.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home 500 airplay?

Hello dday408, 

Sorry you're unable to play via Airplay 2 on your Home Speaker 500. Airplay 2 is compatible with your speaker, so lets get this working for you. 

Have you used the steps provided in this link? This will provide you with instructions on how to activate AirPlay on your speaker.

Do let us know how you get on. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

I have the Bose 500 Soundbar and it has disappeared from HomeKit and I cannot choose it as an Airplay speaker. It was set up correctly in the past, now it's just gone.  I have reset the wifi and tried adding it to HomeKit on multiple occasions but I get nothing.  Please assist.

Highlighted

Hello, 

I am sorry to hear this! 

Have you tried rebooting your mobile device? 

I would also reboot your soundbar by disconnecting from power for 30 seconds. 

Do let us know how you get on.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

I have rebooted my phone as well as the speaker, still no Airplay

Highlighted

I am sorry to hear this persists. 

Do other WiFi services on your Soundbar 500 work fine in the Bose Music app?

Are you able to connect to your Soundbar 500 not going through the HomeKit with Airplay?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

Yes, the Google Assistant works fine.  It even has a HomeKit name in the settings, it's just not showing in Homekit

Highlighted

Have you tried removing and re-adding the speaker to your HomeKit?

I would also suggest following the troubleshooting on the Apple Support site. If these do not help resolve this, it would most likely lead to a networking issue which we can look into with you further. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

The speaker is not in HomeKit, therefore I cannot remove it.  I am not able to add it either.