Bose Home 500 speaker and pandora

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Bose Home 500 speaker and pandora

Has anyone had a problem playing pandora on the Home 500 speaker?  Mine will occasionally play one song and then stop.  When it stops the app shows a whirling circle while the bar above the screen pulses white.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: Bose Home 500 speaker and pandora

Hi Brandon et. al.,

Bingo, it was the router!  Your telling me that you could play Pandora on HS500 led me to believe it must be something specific to my situation.  So I did one of the few things I could think to do and switched to a different router I happened to have around.  Lo an behold it worked.  I don't know what was wrong with the original router since my other internet devises worked fine as did the speaker when playing Sirius.  I guess it will just remain a mystery.

Thanks for all your help! 

RCB13

15 REPLIES

Hi RCB13,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• Do you have any other issues with services like TuneIn?
  • Is this while using the Bose Music app or through the Alexa functionality?
  • Is this a free or paid Pandora account?
  • Have you been able to reboot the speaker and router by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

The problem exists both with Bose Music App and Alexa.  I have a premium paid subscription.  I can play Sirius and Tune in, the problem is only with Pandora.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything and have even replaced the speaker with a new one.  I have talked to Bose tech support twice with no positive results.  What I wonder is if anyone can play Pandora or is this a software or firmware problem?

Hi RCB13,

Thanks for the update!  That's certainly odd since the other services are working as intended.  

• Can you let us know what the make/model of the router or any access points in the network are?
  • Has a factory default been attempted on the speaker yet?  You would want to hold the Aux and Vol - buttons on the top of the speaker for about 10 seconds.
  • If this doesn't seem to resolve the issue, I would recommend trying to gather logs so we can look into this further.   HERE are the steps for this.  Once this is the case, let us know and we'll PM you to gather the logs.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Audible Advocate

The router is LYNKSYS, EA8500.  I have tried a factory reboot but it did not help.  I downloaded the logs but they are .dat files which when opened in notepad look like chinese.  I would give up and just use spotify but they want a premium subscription.  Do you know of anyone that can play Pandora on a Home Speaker 500?

Audible Advocate

Tony A -  I have the logs, how do I get them to you since I cannot read them? Still would like to know if you know anyone who can stream Pandora on Bose Home Speaker 500.

Hi RCB13,

Thanks for gathering those logs.  I've sent a request to the e-mail address on your community account.

I've tested Pandora Free on my system at home and it works without issue.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I have uploaded the files to the "drop box" where ever that is.

Thanks for helping

Bob

Audible Advocate

Just to be clear, did you play pandora on a Home Speaker 500?  If so, I am beginning to believe mine is defecetive and I need to return it.

Thanks, Bob

Audible Advocate

More strangeness!!  If I unplug the speaker for as little as one second and plug it back in then once it warms up it will play one Pandora song. Once that song is over it goes into what looks like search mode (the little circle spinning) and stays there. No more songs.  I just tried amazon music and it works fine; it will go from song to song.