koshybabu@hotmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Bose Home SPEAKER 500

Hi Bose,

I Purchased a Bose Home 500 from Amazon and received today in Bahrain.  I tried connecting speaker for the first time. 
The Speaker connected then wanted to do an update and now it is stuck with white light going left to right.
I have spent hours reseting my router, speaker and the Bose Music app.
I am very frustrated as I just purchased it for the Christmas.

Please help to restore the speaker at the earliest.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home SPEAKER 500

Hello koshybabu,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that your Home Speaker 500 is stuck updating. I'd love to help with this.

I would first recommend that you factory reset the speaker. This can be done by holding Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds. 

Then, head to manually update your Home Speaker 500 on your computer and complete the steps listed.

Once you have done this, please get back to me and let me know if the issue persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
koshybabu@hotmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

I am unable to open your website " 203.0.113.1:17008/update.html "

with any of the browser.  Please correct this urgently for enable me to update and use my speaker.

Highlighted

Hello Koshy, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am sorry that this is not working for you. Can confirm, at stage 4, do you see a countdown acknowledging set up mode on the screen of the system? 

If you do not see this, it means that the speaker is not in set up mode and the web page will be unreachable. 

If you have performed the factory reset and cannot get the speaker into the setup mode, you will need to reach out to your local support team as there may be a hardware fault. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W   

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.