Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 300 And Google Assistant and Spotify

I have a Bose Home Speaker 300, Google Assistant and Spotify Premium account. Everything seems to be linked properly and I am able to play / hear music when I use my Spotify through my Samsung phone or tablet.

However when I use my google assistant and ask Google to play a song name in Spotify. The home speaker tells me : ‘sorry, I could not reach Bose Music’.

I can use Google assistant to increase/decrease volume... but I cannot fast forward or change to the next song using Google Assistant.

How do I resolve this?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home Speaker 300 And Google Assistant and Spotify

Hello HLShaw, 

Thanks for posting onto the Community today. It's strange to read that your system isn't correctly working with Google Assistant and Spotify. 

Let's start with removing and re-adding Google Assistant as listed here. Once this is set up please ensure that you follow the step in the instructions to select Spotify as your default music service. 

While we are at it I'd suggest that we simply reset the speaker by turning off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Google Asst will not play music  Spotify Premium is set as default   Says Bose Music is not available       I can play music directly from phone on Bose Music to both Bose 500 sound bar and  and 450 speaker.   Any ideas how to resolve? 

Highlighted

Re: Google Asst will not play music Says Bose Music is not available I can play music directly fr...

Hi Ron O,

Have you tried removing and re-adding Google Assistant from your speakers as suggested by @Hector_B? If not I would definitely recommend you start by doing this!

Let me know how you get on!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

I have removed and reloaded Google Asst and I have reset the speaker itself by powering it off, waiting and re powering.   Neither has helped   Google Asst works when I ask it questions but not to play music via Spotify premium which is the default music player.

The Bose Music app on my phone see both of my Bose products but will not play music via Google Asst.  They will play it via bluetooth.     When I ask to play music the google asst says  "Bose Music is unavailable right now"

Need help please

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Re: Google Asst will not play music Says Bose Music is not available I can play music directly fr...

done and did not help

Highlighted

Thanks for giving this a go Ron O! 

I would recommend that you try removing Spotify from the Bose Music application then reading it. To do this, head to the settings menu and scroll down to 'Music Services'> Spotify. Then click on your email address and delete it. You can follow the same instructions to re-add Spotify. 

Let me know how you get on!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Hello Hector,

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately, I am still having the same issue of not being able to use Google Assistant to play a song on Spotify on my Bose Home Speaker 300.

Here’s what I did:

- factory reset home speaker 300

- deleted and re-installed Bose Music app

- setup home speaker 300, selected / linked my Spotify premium account, set up Google Assistant and linked Spotify as music account.

I am able to use my Samsung A10 Tablet, Spotify app to play music through the Home Speaker 300. 

When I ask google to play artist name on Spotify, the Google Assistant tells me: sorry, it looks like Bose Music is unavailable right now.

Please advise what else I can do to resolve this.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

I have done this and Google asst will not play music    Continues to Say Bose Music App is not available.

I have a Bose 500 soundbar and a 450 speaker and both don't work.   

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

I have the exact same issue on my Bose 500 sound bar and my Bose 450 Speaker.   

This has to be a Bose software issue as I can play Spotify music on both using the Bose App Directly. 

Bose has to put a fix in for Google Asst.

Ron O.