masta91
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Bose Home Speaker 300 Aux Issue

Hi !

My home speaker is connected to Aux all the time, however when I leave it idle with no music/sound for about 10-15 minutes, I will need to hit the physical aux button on the speaker itself.

Is there a workaround to ensure it stays in Aux mode all the time.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Home Speaker 300 Aux Issue

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi masta91, 

Thanks for reaching out with your query. 

There is not a way to permanently place your Home Speaker 300 into AUX mode. What you are experiencing is after 15 minutes of inactivity your speaker will enter standby mode. Because of this, if you wish to continue listening to music via AUX you must select the AUX function. 

I apologize for any disappointment this causes.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tegan_M

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi masta91, 

Thanks for reaching out with your query. 

There is not a way to permanently place your Home Speaker 300 into AUX mode. What you are experiencing is after 15 minutes of inactivity your speaker will enter standby mode. Because of this, if you wish to continue listening to music via AUX you must select the AUX function. 

I apologize for any disappointment this causes.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

chaitow@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

This is such a fail, the functionality should be easily adapted with a software update - just provide the option to stop the speaker going into standby mode? Very annoying to have to keep waking it to hear the music or Alexa feedback.

jeb6
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to explain the problem I am having. I really had a hard time finding any answer, so much appreciated. I found that I can switch it back to Aux using the Bose Music App.  I didn't think it was a defect in the speaker, but thought I might have missed some place where it would let me set Aux as a default.  I am  surprised I didn't see anyone else ask about it, but then the sound is incredible, coming from such a small device, it's easy to overlook it.  FYI, the audio input is coming from a 27" Dell monitor, so I am getting a great picture to go with fantastic sound.  Much better than any TV that size I looked at.  Great for a small place in the kitchen.

mikebates
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2021

Is there really no way to update this, I rarely use this speakers because it's always shutting down. What an utterly terrible design decision. I won't ever be buying bose speakers again when this is the kind of **bleep** you produce.

Dutch Sephiroth
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2021

Hi, it's been more than a year since this discussion and it's still not possible to set Aux as the default input. Can anybody explain why and if this is being worked on? There must be plenty of people using the speaker with monitors or Chromecast-like devices that don't have Bluetooth. I don't see any downside to providing the option for default Aux or Bluetooth.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

dawet56
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2021

I bought an aux cable today, because the speaker doesn't automatically reconnect to bluetooth from standby. And it also doesn't on aux. This is so frustrating. It seems "Better Of Somewhere Else" saying is true. Such a stupid design for a speaker that is always plugged in - I would understand if it was a battery speaker.