Manalishi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 22, 2018

Bose Home Speaker 300 Setting a radio station preset and radio playback.

I just don't get this. All I want to do is save BBC Radio 2 to a preset, and have it play live.

I also have a Google Nest Mini. If I say, "Hey Google, Play BBC Radio 2." It will simply play it, no problem.

If I try the same on my Bose Home Speaker 300, it responds with, "Alright, playing BBC Radio 2 on Tunein." But then nothing happens. If I have Bose Music app open it gives an error message:

1BAA6A93-4E32-4105-84E5-269288E59C0A.png

If I search Tunein in the Bose Music app I can find BBC Radio 2. There is one big problem though, it is not live radio! It plays from the same point every time. It's radio from 13 days ago!! It always starts at the same time 7:04 am on December 2nd. It's like the movie Groundhog Day!

I expected a Bose smart speaker to be smart enough to stream live radio?

Is the problem with Tunein? Why do we need it? Can I use something else?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home Speaker 300 Setting a radio station preset and radio playback.

HI Manalishi,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing BBC Radio 2 through your Home Speaker 300and would be happy to help with this.

Just to check are we able to play any BBC radio station through Tunein on your Home Speaker? Or any other radio stations at all? It would be useful to know if this was purely an issue with Radio 2 or with any other stations as well.

When you are searching for Radio 2 in the app, does it show as a station or as a podcast? I do know some stations have individual shows available as well as the live broadcast and it could be possible we have been selecting this so far.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Manalishi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 22, 2018

None of the channels seem to be playing live, it's all old stuff. It is not listed as a podcast.

Why do we need to use Tunein at all? It is pointless. My Google nest mini just "works" without the need for any such service, but I see no way to transfer the broadcast to my Bose speaker.

Highlighted

Hi Manalishi,

Thank you for coming back to us!

Regarding your query, we use TuneIn as the default music service which we provide free for our customers. It is likely that your Google nest mini is using its own integrated music service to perform the same tasks. Of course, you are more than welcome to use other compatible music services with our Bose Music application such as iHeart Radio.

I did some research and have been unable to replicate your issue and the BBC stations on our systems were playing real-time. I would recommend uninstalling the application and reinstalling it to eliminate any issues with the application

Let me know how you get on!  

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
andy.winch@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

I am also getting this issue on Bose 500 speaker - very fustrating