davebanns
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Bose® Home Speaker 300 Wireless Smart Speaker - Delay with TV

Hi, I just purchased a 300 Wireless Smart Speaker and am using it with a Samsung Smart TV.  The speaker is connected via bluetooth and am noticing a delay in the sound...almost, like bad lip syncing.  Anyone else having this problem? Solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Bose® Home Speaker 300 Wireless Smart Speaker - Delay with TV

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi JC8333,

Thanks for reaching out. What you are experiencing is normal.

When grouping your products together and referencing towards video on your TV this will show an audio to video delay. This is due to the processing between the speakers in order to group the products.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
davidmelis
Advocate
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

This is normal for Bluetooth connected to a television. My Home Speaker 300 would do the same thing as it is not the speakers intended purpose.  The good news is that there is a 3.5 aux port on the HS 300. You could use an audio out on the tv (headphone jack or perhaps RCA with an RCA to 3.5 mm cable) to connect directly. Still will not be an ideal solution but will greatly improve the lag time. If you are enjoying the Sound of your Home Speaker 300, then perhaps a Bose SoundBar 500 or 700 could be in your future. Hope this helps!   Best of luck to you 🙂

Paul Prinsloo
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

hi

I am a total noob with this, so please correct me if I understand you incorrectly.  Is it correct that if I get a sound bar, I can then link my Home speaker 300 to it, and then the soundbar and Home speakers will function as one unit, connected directly to the TV, thereby eliminating lipsynch delays?

Thanks

Hector_B

Hey Paul Prinsloo, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I would love to answer any questions you may have. 

This is correct that you can connect all of the systems together by grouping them inside the Bose Music app!

You may have some lipsynch delays when watching films or shows as this grouping was designed to be used to stream music rather than TV audio.

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Paul Prinsloo
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

HI ..

Thanks for the reply.  Is this only true for bluetooth, and will a aux connection sort out the sync problem?

Paul Prinsloo
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Actually..I see a previous reply did mention that this will improve the performance.  No worries then.

BrunoW
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

This means you cannot set up a decent sound system to watch tv when using a sound bar 500 in a group with the home speaker 300? I just added a HS 300 to my SB500 and it is impossible to watch TV because of the horrible audo lag. What's the use if you cannot use a sound system for TV as well as for simple music audio. I'm beginning to realise I made a really bad choice although I love the sound when playiing only music. So disappointing....and obiviously no solution...

JC8333
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Hello, my wife and I love to listen to music via music videos through YouTube via our Apple TV 4K. We have a Bose Soundbar 700 as well as the Bass module 700 connected via eArc to our TV/Apple TV, and it sounds great!

However, we just purchased the Bose portable smart speaker, and when we group the new portable smart speaker to the soundbar there is a large delay (~2 seconds) to the music videos playing from our TV. 

Are we saying there is no way to fix this?  As avid listeners to music we love listening this way and are really hoping we can get it to work!!

Tegan_M

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi JC8333,

Thanks for reaching out. What you are experiencing is normal.

When grouping your products together and referencing towards video on your TV this will show an audio to video delay. This is due to the processing between the speakers in order to group the products.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post