Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Re: Bose Home Speaker 300 randomly dropping connection to Spotify Premium

I applied all the fixes and the problem is still there!! At least twice a day, I still have to go into my office, log into Spotify Premium on my laptop, change the sound source to my laptop, then change it BACK to the Home SPeaker 300 and the music finally starts.

If I've taken my laptop with me, and people at home can't hear the Spotify Playlists, they're out of luck. It's not worth the effort to set up the Bose Music App, Google Assistant and Spotify Premium on all their devices and then show them how to troubleshoot. 

This is not what relaxed music listening is supposed to feel like.

Highlighted

Hello Drummerdowling, 

Thanks for getting back to us!

I can understand why this is frustrating and I would like to help you to solve this issue. 

I am interested in finding out more about your set up. More specifically if you have any boosters, repeaters and do you manage these yourself. Also, do you have any firewalls or parental controls that may be effecting this? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Vicky,

I was on the phone with high level Bose support out of the UK for over an hour this afternoon. We eventually got to the point where settings on my home network were changed, in the technicians’s view, to possibly eliminate streaming issues. He felt that might be causing the Bose speaker to stop audio output from Spotify Premium (even when Spotify thinks it is playing the selected playlist, according to my Spotify account, when I log in on my home computer) to the Bose speaker with no sound coming out of it!) I will monitor if for the next few days. I have until January 9 to return the device for a refund.

Alan

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

I took my HS 300 back to Sydney Westfield shopping center Bose store. The technician there was not able to help me solve the issues i had. In face, it actually got worse and was not even able to connect to store wifi properly.  I was told if i have the original Bose store receipt than I could bing it in and have a direct exhange.  Unfortunately, being a xmas gift purchased from overseas, I do not have the receipt.  What can you suggest that I do to obtain a new speaker? I am utterly disappointed in the quality of this Bose speaker and can not receommend any one puchasing it. 

Highlighted

Hi Anibunnie, 

Thank you for your post! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have received. If you have tried all the troubleshooting outlined in this thread to no avail, you can reach out to your local technical support team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will be more than happy to assist!

If there is anything else I can do for you, please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Hi

My Spotify connection continues to drop out on my 300. It’s usually via the voice assistant but I’ve noticed it via the app now. I’ve done all the fixes I can find on here but it’s so frustrating.  How can this be resolved please?

Highlighted

Hey Stuartlynch77,

Thanks for joining the conversation. I am sorry that you're also experiencing some dropouts when using Spotify on your Home Speaker 300. 

What exactly happens when the connection drops? Does it resume automatically? Does the light bar show anything or any errors in the app?

Also, do you use any other services such as TuneIn? If so, do you experience any problems with this?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Thanks for picking this up. 

tunein I’ve never had a problem with. At first i was sure it was the Voice Assistant but I’ve swapped them (Alexa to google) with no difference. 

I then noticed that the app will randomly be unable to connect to Spotify. Last night it had worked via VA but when it stopped I saw an orange light where the white one usually is?

Highlighted

Thank you for letting us know, @Stuartlynch77.

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting provided so far in this thread? How far exactly from your home WiFi router do you have the speaker positioned? The orange LED may indicate an error processing the request, which possibly may indicate an issue with the Wifi signal connection to your unit.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

It’s about 10 to 15 feet. I’ve a speaker in the kitchen and one in another in the room next door.