Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 300 - sometimes stop make any voice on Spotify

I love and at the same time I hate this little speaker. Sometimes when I play music on Spotify and change playlist or resume playing after some idle, speaker don't make any voice. In mobile app I see progress but there is total silent. Change volume don't help (same change track). Only when I change playing from speaker inside Spotify to phone (or pc) and again change playing to speaker I can hear sound again. 

Please update yours software! 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home Speaker 300 - sometimes stop make any voice on Spotify

Hey @blazkowicz87,

That's quite strange! Does this happen frequently?

How far from your WiFi router do you have the Home Speaker 300 placed? Does this issue occur when you're playing from other services within the Bose Music app?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Thank you for yours answer. This happens once every few days. I am sure there is no problem with WiFi range. As I said Spotify client shows progress (on desktop official Linux app and on mobile Android to) in playing music on Bose (with current track), but there is no sound. Changing track don't help at all (or other actions: pause, resume, volume up, presets - nothing). Only changing target from Bose to other source (phone / desktop) repairs this but this is really cumbersome (before I discovered this "solution" I had to disconnect speaker from power supply). This bug broke almost all positive experience with this device because reliability is my priority.

PS

I am not using other services at the moment. 

Highlighted

Hi blazkowicz87, 

Thank you for providing this information. 

I would recommend that you try resetting the speaker. You can do this by unplugging it from power for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. 

I would also recommend deleting the Bose Music application and then reinstalling it. This should hopefully stabilize the connection. 

Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Sorry by unplugging device is unacceptable solutions for longer period of time. In this price reliability is must have.