Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 300 work as stand alone?

I'm interested in purchasing a system for my outside patio. I was wondering if these can be used as stand alone speakers with just bluetooth hooked up to them?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home Speaker 300 work as stand alone?

Hi jhawk418,

Thanks for reaching out!

I personally think the Home Speaker 300 is a great standalone speaker for Bluetooth. Due note, you won't necessarily get the most out of the product as it is designed with WiFi connectivity in mind, but you can easily get this set up and then just use as a Bluetooth speaker if you wish. 

Something you should be aware of, this is not a portable speaker, do if you are wanting to use this outdoors a power supply will be required. Also note that this speaker is not weather resistant, so do ensure you avoid getting this wet if you get poor weather. 

If you have any further questions do let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Bose Home Speaker 300 work as stand alone?

@jhawk418 wrote:

I'm interested in purchasing a system for my outside patio. I was wondering if these can be used as stand alone speakers with just bluetooth hooked up to them?

Great question!

I suggest you use the correct speaker for the patio application. Bose makes a couple ruggedized BT speakers, the Colour Link and the Soundlink micro. Stepping it up there is the Revolve + BlueTooth and the Wifi smart ruggedized speakers. I really like the Colourlink. I use it on my patio, my trailer deck and my motorhome.

Stay away from the Soundlink Mini special edition. While it is a great sounding compact speaker, it is not ruggedized or water resistant.

I suggest you leave the Home 300 inside your home away from the elements.