BOSESOUND
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 450

Greetings,

I have had my Bose home speaker 450 for two months, using it primarily with Bluetooth connect function. However, just recently I plugged in my speaker to an outlet and the device automatically begins to what appears as searching for Bluetooth. The white light just starts pulsing for about 3 minutes. The device does not appear on my phone or computer which are both searching for Bluetooth connectivity. It continues to pulse white and then goes dark orange and just remains that color.

I have tried troubleshooting it by removing it from the power source for 5 minutes, and I tried holding the Bluetooth button to confirm it is finding devices, but I do not hear any sound or confirmation. The device continues to pulse white and proceeds to being dark orange.

Hopefully someone could help me. I just bought this and I'm kinda bummed if it takes a dump on me seeing as this is my first Bose product I have purchased.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Re: Bose Home Speaker 450

Hey BOSESOUND,

That sounds very unusual! Let's look into fixing this for you.

To confirm, have you yet connected your Home Speaker 450 to the Bose Music app? If not, I'd recommend doing this so you can push a firmware update to the speaker.

Simply put your system into setup mode by pressing the AUX and Play/Pause buttons for 5 seconds (Amber LED). Then go into the Bose Music app and try connecting it for WiFi set up. Give that a try and let me know if you have any questions regarding this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
BOSESOUND
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Greetings,

Thanks for the response.

I restarted my home speaker and it did the same thing. It automatically started flashing white for about 3 minutes. Mind you that I did not press anything.

I attempted to press the aux button and play button and it kept blinking white. I held both of those buttons for over five seconds and nothing happened, no sound or change of color. I waited it out and the system just reverted back to solid amber, no blinking

The app is not picking up the device either.

Best,

BOSESOUND

Sam_F

Hi BOSESOUND,

Thank you for the explanation.

When you next see the system showing the solid amber LED, could you open your phone WiFi settings and look to see if you can find a network called "Bose Home Speaker 450"?

Also, what mobile device are you planning to use for the app set up?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
sherlyna163
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

I am getting a flashing white and I tried holding down the AUX and Play button for 5 seconds or more but my speaker is still not working. Please help

Jessie_O

Hi there, Sherlyna163. 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with your Home Speaker 450, I'll be happy to assist you!

Have you tried a reset? You can do this by unplugging the system for 30 seconds then plugging it back in. 

Have you tried an update? I have included the LINK HERE to assist you with how to carry this out. 

Let me know how you get on!