Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 500 Alexa voice assistance not working

Well, after getting the replacement of my Bose Home Speaker 500 for some repeated driver issue, Alexa Voice assistance unable to play music at voice commands. Tried all options, did resetting couple of times. Signed in Amazon Music for Alexa, discovered Bose Home Speaker 500 in Amazon Alexa,  nothing seems to be working. I lost my faith in Bose Speakers. After checking the community, understood that i am not alone disappointed with Bose. I don't know what could be the problem. Firmware version 9.0.14. 

Already visited the service centers 4 times for servicing and replacement. I am tired with you Bose Music systems.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 Alexa voice assistance not working

Hello Ranjith,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues accessing music via Alexa. 

Is it just Amazon Music that appears to be affected? Have you tried other music services? 

Have you also experienced any issues with asking other questions? e.g, "What's the weather in XXXX," or, "how far away is the moon?"

Finally, what country are you in? Are you using a VPN to access the Alexa service?

I'll look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 Alexa voice assistance not working

Finally, it worked after removing the Bose Skill (not for soundtouch) and made sure no bose skill is linked to my Alexa. Also, reset the Bose speaker to factory setup. And linking the Bose Skill not for Soundtouch. 

All Bose Home Speaker 500 Users, make sure, you are linking the Bose skill not for Bose SoundTouch. You may use Alexa.Amazon.com site to edit\remove the unwanted bose skills from your enabled skills. 

Suggestion to Bose...many users are getting confused and find it hard to configure. You should make it bit simpler to configure voice assistance to play music.