cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AM_Forde104
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 500 - Deezer/TuneIn/Presets Don't work with voice command using Google Assistant

My Home Speaker 500 will not play any presets by voice command using the Google Assistant. I have the same problem with using voice commands for playing radio stations via TuneIn or playing music via my linked Deezer account. It says that Deezer/TuneIn are not supported with the device. 

Given that one of the reasons I purchased this speaker was the compatibility with TuneIn/Deezer/Spotify I am surprised that they are apparently not supported. 

Youtube music is also unsupported but I would like to make a feature request that it is added. 

I can use all of the compatible services via the Bose Music app and use Airplay from my Apple devices, but cannot use any voice commands for them.  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 - Deezer/TuneIn/Presets Don't work with voice command using Google Assi...

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hello, 

Thanks for your questions, I am sorry that you are having difficulties with your Google Assistant integration. 

Regarding playing your presets, it is not possible to ask Google to play one of your presets of your Home Speaker 500. 

As for your music services, while Google Assistant allows you to select from different default music services, only Pandora and Spotify will work as the default service when using Google Assistant with your Bose product. As for Deezer, this is currently not supported. 

If you wish to use Spotify or TuneIn, do ensure that you have your account services integrated into your Bose Music app as well as your Google Home app. 

I am sorry that you are disappointed that Youtube Music is currently not supported, but I will happily pass on this request. 

If you have any further questions, do let us know! 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 - Deezer/TuneIn/Presets Don't work with voice command using Google Assi...

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hello, 

Thanks for your questions, I am sorry that you are having difficulties with your Google Assistant integration. 

Regarding playing your presets, it is not possible to ask Google to play one of your presets of your Home Speaker 500. 

As for your music services, while Google Assistant allows you to select from different default music services, only Pandora and Spotify will work as the default service when using Google Assistant with your Bose product. As for Deezer, this is currently not supported. 

If you wish to use Spotify or TuneIn, do ensure that you have your account services integrated into your Bose Music app as well as your Google Home app. 

I am sorry that you are disappointed that Youtube Music is currently not supported, but I will happily pass on this request. 

If you have any further questions, do let us know! 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

AM_Forde104
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Thanks for the reply. I am really surprised that the Google Assistant doesn't control more of the features for the Home Speaker. Does the Alexa assistant offer a better level of control? If so, I might use it instead. It just seems terribly pointless in having a voice assistant on a smart speaker that can't do what you want.  

I had decided to connect with Google previously because I didn't want my neices and nephews controlling the speaker by themselves, as they are very familiar with Alexa. They have a tendancy to turn their home smart speaker volume to the max and play ACDC on repeat, which wouldn't be very popular with my neighbours. 

By the way, I live in the UK and we don't have Pandora or Sirius, so can only use TuneIn. To be honest, if I could have a BBC Sounds feature I would barely use TuneIn. As for Spotify or Deezer, I would actually prefer to use Apple Music, but since I have a Deezer account I'm using that. I had this before getting the Home Speaker, which as I say was specifically because it was Deezer "compatible", but now I understand that this is not fully supported I'm not sure I would have chosen this device. 

For sound quality as a stand alone unit I couldn't fault it over it's competitors, however when paired with multiple units the alternative had a great deal more width in it's stereo performance. I occasionally group my Micro Soundlink and use it in an adjacent room but eventually the two speakers drop out of sync. This is quite fustrating. Is there a particular reason why this would be the case? 

cr_hughes
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

Also very bummed with this. I was torn between this and the Google Home Max. Ultimately chose the Bose.  Mistake as the Max would support Spotify, Deezer, and YTM. The fact that you can add Deezer to the Bose interface, I would have assumed I could at least launch it with voice. The audio is very good, just feel shortchanged a bit on what it can accomplish. For now, I connect it to Chromecast through bluetooth and launch that way. It works but basically means having voice assistance on the Home Speaker 500 is rather useless.