danbergan
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2021

Bose Home Speaker 500 Sirius Stops Working

I was listening to SiriusXM through my Bose Home Speaker 500 and it just stopped working.  We have had the speaker since December and this happened one time before.  My wife was able to get it working again the last time but we have not been able to get it working this time.  

We went through all of the steps to get it working again.  

We unplugged it and then plugged it back in after a few minutes.  Nothing.  

We disconnected the wifi for a few minutes and then reconnected.  Nothing.  

We removed the SiriusXM music service from the account and reinstalled it.  Nothing.  We removed the device from the app and then deleted the app.  Then we reinstalled.  Nothing.  

The app is showing the SiriusXM stations but when we try to run a station it takes a few seconds and then we get a message on the speaker saying "That didn't work, try again".  Also get the message on my phone that says "Oops we can't play that right now.  Please Try again later (C7-SC3103)."  This is extremely aggravating as I now have a $300 paperweight.

1 REPLY 1
Sam_F

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 Sirius Stops Working

Hey danbergan,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering a reoccurring issue with SiriusXM, but I'd be happy to advise.

I appreciate the troubleshooting you've tried so far, as I certainly would've recommended a power cycle, and also removing and re-adding the SiriusXM service. How far from the WiFi router do you have your speaker placed? Have you moved it closer (if possible) to see if you notice any difference?

Do you experience this issue with any other music services in the Bose Music app? One final thing you could try is to restore the factory default settings on the speaker and starting over set up, to see if this allows you to access the service without issue. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!