alefkheh
Participant
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 500 Stuck at Update

Hi

I have a Bose Home Speaker 500. Today I saw my device that it's updating and flashing from left to right. So I gave it time to update.

After 8 hours nothing happened and IDK what to do. I cannot factory reset. I cannot reset wifi. I cannot update manually.

Can anyone help me what should I do?

56 REPLIES 56
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 Stuck at Update

Hello, 

Sorry that your speaker appears to not be updating. I'll happily assist you with this. 

I would suggest that you disconnect your speaker from power, wait 30 seconds then reconnect. 

Following this, if you are updating through the Bose Music app ensure that you have a strong internet connection. I would ensure that other devices aren't taking up the bandwidth during the updating process. 

Do let us know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Matador
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Ive got the same issue. 

Ive disconnected for 30min and nothing. The app wont recognize the device anymore, the speaker wont react to anything. tried all that ive read on the forums and nothing. 

Ive moved to costa rica, so returning the device is much more complicated, please advice on a solution.

Keith_L

Hi Matador,

Thank you for joining us in the community! 

So I can gather a bit more information about what is happening with your speaker I do have a couple of questions for you.

When you say the speaker is no longer reacting, when it is plugged in do you get any response from the light bar at all? If so, which of THESE statuses is closest to what you see?

When you were originally trying to update the speaker and unplugged it, do you remember whether the light bar was scrolling right to left, or left to right?

As you have mentioned following troubleshooting you have found on the forum already, that is great! So I can avoid repeating any steps unnecessarily, could you please let me know what you have tried so far?

Let me know, so we can get this resolved together!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Goh Chee Hiong
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Hi, I have the same problem since yesterday. 
home speaker 500 stuck at software update despite waiting for 12 hours. 
below are the actions I have tried and failed. 

1) try to move 500 near to router

2) try to reset the 500 by holding the - button and aux button.

3) try to disconnect the power socket for 30s and restart.
4) try to reboot both router and 500 

5) try to manual update 500 by plugging in laptop and press - and + button for service mode.

The 500 is still in downloading status (blink lights moving from left to right). It doesn’t respond to any of the above. 

Charlotte_G

Hey @Goh Chee Hiong,

Sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue with updating your Home Speaker 500.

Could you please try manually updating the speaker via USB cable? You can find how to do so here - Manually updating your Home Speaker 500.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Goh Chee Hiong
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Thanks for your response. I have tried manual reboot method many times but upon power reconnected, the 500 signal is still from left to right and is not able to go into service mode. 

TheQuiett
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Hey, I just bought my HS500 like a month ago and it has been working fine since. Just recently, I'm having EXACTLY the same problem that you're having with the HS500. I've literally tried everything you did. I left my update for two straight days and still nothing. It does not respond to anything at all. I'm so frustrated! I think the best thing for us to do is send it back and have them fix it or something.

TheQuiett
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Hi @Charlotte_G,

Would you happen to know what a green blinking bar means on the HS500? I don't see it anywhere on the manual.

Emeka
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Today I started having EXACTLY same issue! The speaker has been updating with the white light flashing left to right for over 12 hours now. None of the buttons work except for the speaker mute/umute button so doing a hard reset is out of the question. Powering off and on does not help even after an hour. Very frustrating I must say!

Anyone have a fix yet?