Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Bose Home Speaker 500 and Phone Calls

When will we see an update that will allow us to make and take phone calls using Alexa with the Bose Home Speaker 500?  Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 and Phone Calls

Hello MRAUDIO,

Thank you for posting!

We do not currently have any information regarding this feature, however, your comments will be passed along to our development team for consideration. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Thank You!  Since all of the other Echo devices support Phone Calls, it is only fitting that the Home Speaker 500 would also support this feature.

Hopefully, we will see this added in a future update.

MRAUDIO

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

any update? every other bluetooth speaker i've owned has had the abililty to stream voice calls and microphones. i'm hard of hearing and this is a must have feature for me to keep the bose soundbar 500. as of now, i can bluetooth stream music to the device but not voice calls or video streaming services audio (from my android phone)!

Highlighted

Hey Shrugs20, 

We do not have an update on this yet. But I will add your name to the list of users who would like this feature!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

I will like my name added as well.
I will appreciate include the ability to answer calls in home speaker 500

Thank you 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

please add my name to the list that wants compatibility with a phoe for Bose 500 speaker. Based on the video I thougjt itbwas a given.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 2, 2020

Hi Bose,

Just purchased the HS500 as well, but also disappointed to find out that speakerphone / mono handset function is not supported.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 6, 2020

Hi, 

Can we have a definitive answer if this has been picked up, base on that I will decide if i'm keeping this. 

The Product document should clearly be updated to show that this feature is not available.

r

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Hi Bose 

I just bought Bose Portable home and discovered it doesn’t have ability to take or make calls which is available in revolve +. It doesn’t make sense. Will this ability be provided through a software update? If yes by when ? 

I am thinking of returning the Portable Home