Andrea Vreede
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Bose Home Speaker 500 is not recognized as speaker on laptop

I've just bought a Bose Home Speaker 500 and tried to connect it through Bluetooth with my Acer Aspire V5-561G laptop. The pairing works but the system doesn't recognize it as a speaker next to my normal speakers. I've downloaded all the newest Bluetooth-drivers from the Acer-website and the soundcard-driver too. Nothing! Here's the message I keep getting:

Device BTHENUM\{0000110b-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0001009e_PID&4026\8&4a18c1b&0&2811A57A6F55_C00000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_0C76&PID_1607&MI_00\6&61c024c&0&0000
Class Guid: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF122
Present: false

Can anyone please help to solve this problem? With my Android-smartphone and -tab everything works fine. But the Windows 10-laptop doesn't.

Thanks,

Andrea (Rome, Italy)

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 is not recognized as speaker on laptop

Hi Andrea, thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the compatibility issue you're experiencing between your laptop and speaker here and would be happy to look into this for you!

Firstly, can I ask that you connect this system to your laptop via the AUX port on the system and confirm that you can receive the audio this way? When doing this, your computer may recognise additional drivers as well!

Following the above, can I ask for the Bluetooth version of your laptop? If you don't know what that is, I can convert this from your LMP version for you?

To gather the LMP version, please go to Start-->Device Manager-->Bluetooth-->Right click "Bluetooth adapter"-->Properties-->Advanced. Under firmware version it will read "LMP" followed by a number. Please supply this to me and I can convert this into a Bluetooth version for you.

I would also suggest that you go to Devices and Printers-->Right click your speaker-->Services--> Enable the "HandsFree Telephony" option if you can to ensure that the right profile and format is being used 😊.

Please get back in touch when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

Andrea Vreede
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Hi Liam,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I have connected the Home Speaker to my laptop via an AUX cable (with and without pairing with Bluetooth), but Windows 10 doesn't recognize the speaker at all, whether I click on headphone or speakers. It only recognizes my inbuilt Realtek speakers.

I don't have a wireless headset and therefore cannot click on the headset-services in Devices and Printers. There is no headset icon there. 

As I wrote earlier my laptop has no problem in pairing with the Home speaker via Bluetooth. It had configurated the Home Speaker and tells me the device is functioning correctly. Except it isn't. It also says "device not migrated." In Dutch that is, for both my laptop and myself speak Dutch.

As for the LMP version of my Bluetooth: that is the most recent driver I downloaded from my manufactor's website (https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/NL/content/support-product/5154?b=1&pn=NX.MK9ET.014😞

Qualcomm Atheros Communications, Firmware version HCI 6.4354 / LMP 6.1

I hope you can help me to solve this problem.

Best regards,
Andrea

Hi Andrea, thanks for following up!

From the LMP version 6.1, it looks like your computer is running Bluetooth 4.0, as does this home speaker, so everything is good there!

Apologies for any confusion caused with my previous post. Let's see if we can find the headset another way.

Firstly, can I ask that you connect your headset via AUX, then right click the speakers icon in the bottom right of the screen, and select "Sounds". From here, select the tab for "Playback", which would show a list of devices. If your Home speaker is in this list, please right click this and click "Enable" if necessary. 

If you are able to enable the headphones this way, you should then be able to select these as the speakers! If you are not able to see or enable this headset, let's try something else.

You noted that you use the Realtek drivers here, and this likely pops up with a "What device have you connected" when you connect a speaker normally. If this does not pop-up, please open the Realtek audio manager program first, then connect the headphones via AUX. This would then prompt you if this is able to detect the device and install any possible speaker drivers.

As a final note, when you pair this via Bluetooth what device does this read as? Does this read as a speaker, headset, or other device?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Liam W

Andrea Vreede
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Hello Liam,

Thank you again for your answer. As I wrote earlier my laptop is in Dutch so I will try and translate my findings.

When I connect my headset with a cable through AUX I see a pop-up asking me how to recognize this device. There are three options:

headset

speaker

headset

I select one of the two headset options and it works.

When I connect the Bose Home Speaker with a cable to AUX the same pop-up appears. I select speaker and it doens't work No sound at all.

Next, when I connect my HEADSET via AUX, then right click the speakers icon in the bottom right of the screen, and select "Sounds" and then select the tab for "Playback", the only device that shows are my Realtek Speakers. There is no headset icon, but the headset works!

Extactly the same thing happens when I do this with the Bose Home Speaker. The only device visible are the Realtek Speakers. But, unlike the headset, the Bose Home Speaker doesn't work.

So let's try something else. Apparently there is a problem in recognizing devices.

To answer your questio about pairing: when I pair the Bose Home Speaker through Bluetooth it immediately appears as SPEAKER icon under Playback, together with the message that the connection is broken. I include some photo's. In Dutch obviously. Luidsprekers are speakers and my Bose's name is BOEM.

Screenshot1.pngScreenshot2.pngScreenshot3.pngScreenshot4.pngScreenshot5.png

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Andrea

Andrea Vreede
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Hi Liam,

As an afterthought, did you see this thread? It's from a Dutch guy with the same problem I have... https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home-Archive/bose-home-speaker-500-bluetooth-connection-on-windo...

Cheers,
Andrea

Hi Andrea, thanks for getting back in touch.

I've done some further research into this for you, using both an AUX and a Bluetooth connection.

When connecting via AUX, I was asked to select the headset as you were, and confirmed that this appeared from the Sound section. The volume was quieter and required me to increase the volume on both the computer and the speaker itself, but I was able to play from this speaker through this means. Please see the first image for reference!

Home Speaker 500 through AUX.PNG

I then placed the speaker into Bluetooth mode, then paired to and started setting up this speaker. This setup the device, then I confirmed that the volume was set to that speaker and this appeared within the Sound settings. I was then able to confirm that this played. Please see the following 3 images that represent this.

Home Speaker 500 through Bluetooth.PNGSetting up Drivers for Home Speaker 500.PNGVolume via Bluetooth Home Speaker 500.png

It's interesting that you brought up that thread, and I had a look through this too to refresh my memory. That user noted that they would need to install separate drivers from Microsoft (noting that they needed these from the manufacturer) but as you already noted that you got the newest Bluetooth-drivers from the Acer-website directly, I don't think there's much more information that we can use from that thread regarding that.

However, one thing I have yet to suggest is the potential usage of a Bluetooth dongle or adapter. If you have a friend you can borrow an adapter from, or if you order one online (keeping an eye on the return period in case it does not help) are you able to use the system as normal then?

I would like to note that we are still happy to offer service on your product and replace this if you would like to do so. You noted that you're from the Netherlands (contact information) but your first post would indicate that you're in Italy where service could be handled instead.

Please return to me when you can to let me know how you get on!

Liam W

Andrea Vreede
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Hi Liam,

I appreciate your effort very much, but I'm afraid you didn't understand my reply or maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

When I connect with AUX, either the headset or the BHS, I get this message and nothing else:

Schermopname (8).pngI choose Hoofdtelefoon in the case of my analogue headset or Luidsprekeruitgang (Speaker exit) in the case of the BHS. NEITHER of them appears as an icon in SOUND. But the headset works and the BHS doesn't.

Since there is no icon I cannot select it or do anything you asked me to do.

As you can see in the screenshots I sent you the BHS does show up in Sound (Geluid) when connected through Bluetooth. So why use a Bluetooth dongle if pairing works? But, as you can see, the icon is not highlighted and has a red downwards pointing arrow to show that connection has been broken. On my last screenshot it says that on September 5th, when I tried to install the BHS , the device was configurated, but "not migrated". That makes me think that Bluetooth is working but for some reason the device is not being put, "doesn't migrate", in the list of available audio Speakers. By the way, on September 5th I disinstalled the BHS and tried again, but to no avail.

Can I please ask you to look into this again or ask for more technical help? I am really sorry that I bought a device that works on tablet and smartphone but refuses to work as a speaker on my laptop.

Yes, I am from the Netherlands but I live and work in Rome, Italy, as a news correspondent for Dutch and Belgian radio and television. Which is why my laptop is programmed in Dutch and also why in Italy the helpdesk won't be able to help me.

Lookig forward to a possible solution. 

Best regards,

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Apologies for the poor response, and thank you for clarifying here!

Having a look back at your photos, I see under the Events ("Gebeurtenissen") tab it reads Device Not migrated ("Apparaat Niet gemigreerd"), and then presents you with the error code you noted earlier.

As such, I have a few suggestions to try and migrate this correctly!

--I would recommend that you make a backup before performing either of the following steps to revert to if these are unsuccessful--

1) Sometimes if your files are damaged this can't migrate correctly. You can recover these by opening "Start", typing "cmd" or "Command" then right clicking on the Command Prompt and selecting "Run as Administrator". When open, please type "sfc /scannow" then press enter. This will begin the verification process (Please note this can take between 15-45 minutes) until "Verification 100% complete" is noted, then reboot the computer and try using the speaker again.

2) This could also be caused by an incompatible driver as noted in the other thread. You already noted that you re-installed the drivers manually, but let's completely remove these before adding these back in.

To do this, Right-click on the Start menu to select Device Manager, or search for this manually. In the Manager list, please right click your Bluetooth drivers/audio drivers and select "Uninstall". Once uninstalled, please reboot your computer. Windows 10 will automatically reinstall the drivers for you, then see if you can use the Home Speaker again.

Once again, please get back to me to let me know how you get on or if you have any questions!

Liam W

Andrea Vreede
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Hi Liam,

Sorry it took a while to get back to you. In the meantime something weird has happened. A friend of mine used a programma called IOBit Driver Booster and updated about 18 drivers in my not so brandnew laptop. After rebooting all of a sudden BHS not only paired through Bluetooth but was immediately recognized and started functioning as it should! Wonderful news! Until I swittched off the laptop and rebooted. Now Bluetooth has stopped working all together and cannot find any devices at all... I am stunned by this. From not being able to recognize to not being able to pair...

As a last resort I've tried both solutions you offered in your last reply but unfortunately to no avail.

After using the System File Checker I got a message saying that Windows had found corrupt files and was't able to repair some of them. I rebooted but no difference at all. I would send you the CBS.log but I don't know how to attach it to this mail.

I then uninstalled the Bluetooth drivers/audio drivers and reinstalled them, that is the ones I found on the ACER-website IE Qualcomm Atheros Communications V10.0.3.14. Nothing.

Do you have any idea how I can make Bluetooth functioning again? Maybe then the problem with BHS might (?) result to have been solved.

Thanks again,

best regards,
Andrea