Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 is not recognized as speaker on laptop

Hi Andrea, Thanks for getting back in touch!

Thank you for the information here. It's interesting that you noted that the Driver Booster worked temporarily, but after a restart this is no longer able to detect the speaker. The fact that this detected corrupted files may be linked to this. As such, there are a couple more suggestions I would ask you run here:

1) Let's boot up your computer in Safe-Mode to see if we can get the file paths working. To do this, on your keyboard, press the Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to load the Run box.Then, type msconfig and click OK. Then the System Configurations will open, and you should be able to click the Boot tab. Under Boot options, check Safe boot then click OK. When you’re prompted to restart your computer to apply these changes, click Restart then you will boot into the Safe Mode. When this boots up, you should be able to select the option to start up with networking enabled, then Windows will load. Please then try the Bluetooth connection again!

--When you're ready to go back to using Windows in normal mode, go back to the System Configurations, and ensure Safe boot is unchecked.

2) If possible, I would also ask that you try using a Bluetooth adapter or Dongle to try and connect to the headset. Ideally you would be able to borrow one from a friend or relative, but if not you could source one online (keeping an eye on the return period if this doesn't work).  If the adapter works, then we know that there is an error exclusively with the internal Bluetooth drivers (rather than the audio drivers) of the computer, which would explain the corrupt files that are being detected here. 

Please return to me to keep me in the loop when you can!

Liam W