Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavit
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 500 not playing Amazon Prime music in India

Hi All,

I’ve been trying to play Amazon Prime music on my Bose Home Speaker 500.

- Alexa is configured properly and works with other services like JioSaavn and Hungama Music, both connected via Amazon account

- Amazon music is also configured properly and I can also browse for music in the Bose Music App.

- Amazon music works perfectly fine on my other echo devices, and there’s no issue with my prime subscription.

- I’ve tried all methods including the factory reset and adding the speaker again to my account.

- I’ve connected and disconnected my Amazon account multiple times and also the Alexa skill in my Alexa app.

I’m still not able to stream music from my Amazon account. It keeps spinning and then gives up.

I don’t want to stream music with Bluetooth or Airplay and expect my smart speaker to do exactly what it’s supposed to. I need Amazon music to stream from and not looking for other local options. Though I’d have preferred Apple Music, but am ok with the fact that it’s not supported.

So, how do I get my Bose 500 speaker to stream from Amazon Music  by simply calling out to Alexa to play it for me.

Thanks

Bhavit

21 REPLIES 21
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 not playing Amazon Prime music in India

Hello bhavit,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry that you are having this experience. Thanks for already trying some great troubleshooting.

Amazon Unlimited and Prime accounts are supported with your Home Speaker 500 in your region, sorry this does not appear to be working. WIth these accounts, Amazon-curated playlists are available; user-created playlists are not, Amazon HD, Ultra HD and Free music services are also not supported.

Can you let us know the functions you are asking as an example? Are you asking for a single track or a playlist?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
bhavit
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Hi Tegan,

Thanks for responding to my query.

I’ve tried playing both Amazon curated playlists as well as a single track. Also tried it both using the Bose app as well as Alexa voice commands.

Sharing pictures of what happens when I try playing an Amazon curated playlist.

thanks

Bhavit

IMG_0940.PNG

IMG_0941.PNG

bhavit
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

This is the error which shows up on the device after a few seconds.

9A253DE0-2C9E-4092-A235-74E0CED65BC9.jpeg

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us, Bhavit.

This information is super helpful. Do you have Amazon Music selected as your primary music service in Alexa? 

Do you have any WiFi extenders or boosters in your home? This may cause some difficulty in communication. 

Do you get any error messages in the application? Or does it just spin until you get the error on the screen of the Home Speaker 500? 

This is certainly a strange issue and I hope to be able to resolve it for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Naunihal
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2020

I am facing the same issue and have tried the same troubleshooting methods as above. 
I was, however, able to use Alexa to play music via my Spotify. Although whenever i ask to play music from amazon prime music, I get the same issue as mentioned by bhavit above.

Was wondering if there’s been any solution to this issue yet?

neilmichael13@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

hi,

I have the same problem. Whenever I try to play through Amazon I get the same error. Spotify plays fine though. Amazon is the primary default streaming service configured in my system 

Sekulla
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I have exactly the same problem but with my BOSE Portable Smart Speaker.  Has BOSE addressed this issue yet as I still have time to send this speaker back and buy a SONOS instead?

JDG1965
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2021

Bose Home Speaker 500 not playing Amazon Prime music in Canada

I am having the same issue here in Canada and it is beyond frustrating! Bose, when is there going to be a fix for this or you just aligning with Spotify and not supportive of Amazon Music? If this is the case it would of been good to know before investing in your product!

manunthakur
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2021

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 not playing Amazon Prime music in Canada

Hello, I have the same problem. I am not able to stream music from Amazon or Spotify via using the Alexa voice Assitant. 

I have tried using other WiFi devices / modems / ISPs but I have the same issue for over 2 months now. 

please help.