Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Bose Home Speaker 500 randomly turning on at full volume

Hi,

My speaker is turning on at full volume by itself -- the first time it was an Indian guy talking about a project in the middle of the night. The second time it was a Patti LaBelle song on some random channel. This is disruptive to the house and would freak out my cat if it happened all day while I was gone. What can fix this? I have it on the Alexa (not Google) setting. It's not even turning on to some preset or something I have. The first sounded like a phone call. Creepy.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 randomly turning on at full volume

Hello, 

I am very sorry that you are having audio issues with your Home Speaker 500. This is very bizarre. 

Are you in a building where others have access to your WiFi network?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

A few others in my house use the same Wifi network, but it couldn't be them. Even if they were home and up, they'd have to have access to my system, and what came through was bizarre -- someone talking about a project. I've heard of this kind of stuff happening on Alexa products -- my folks' neighbors heard some random people's financial conversations on their Alexa.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this Sadtomatogirl, 

It could be that someone in the house or area is accidentally using Airplay with the speaker. Have you spoken to the people that are using the same Wi-Fi as you? 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

No one has that here, and the timing is odd. One was in the middle of the night. Isn't Airplay an apple thing? I was wondering if I did a hard reset if that would help. It's a pain but possible.

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us! 

I would definitely recommend a reset at this point. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you with this. 

Let me know how it goes!