mattmcq
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 500 unable to broadcast through google assistant

Hello,

I have recently purchased a couple of Home Speaker 500 to add to my existing google devices. I have successfully added google assistant to them but have since found I am unable to broadcast to the other google assistant speakers as the Bose speakers are unable to find any other speakers in my network.

Am I doing something wrong  or are these speakers lacking the ability to broadcast messages to other google assistant devices including other Bose speakers?

Many Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 unable to broadcast through google assistant

Hello mattmcq! 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Glad to read that you have purchased some Home Speaker 500's, we hope you enjoy the speakers and would love to answer any questions you may have about them. 

This isn't something that is currently supported by our speakers, so this is the reason you aren't able to do this. I will be sure to forward this broadcasting request as a future feature request for our speakers to the development team for you. 

Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any other questions. I would also love to hear from the community if any other users would like to see this feature added.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.