Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 500 voice assistant not working in Qatar

I recently purchased Bose Home Speaker 500 after set it up it showing voice assistant not supported in your area.. But Google Assistant is available in Qatar as my sony Bluetooth device successfully run google assistant in Qatar.. Why bose in not supporting Google assistant in Qatar.. I Buyed this product for smart connectivity and assistant if this feature is not working so this product is of my no use.. can't invest this much only for Bluetooth speaker.. need to get smart functionalities..

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 voice assistant not working in Qatar

Hi hasan.5281,

Thanks for posting and joining the community!

The Smart Home speakers, like the Home Speaker 500, sadly do not currently support voice assistants in your region yet. We are actively working to expand the regions that do have support for the voice assistants but I do not have any information to share on any updates at this time.

You can find the full list of which voice assistants are supported in which regions HERE.

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Qatar is not showing in that list.. i don't know why bose is not giving assistant access here in Qatar as sony has already provided in there smart device's as i m using one of the smart device of sony with built-in Alexa and google assistant.. and its working in Qatar without any issue.. Please provide any update to give access in Qatar region

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

This product is not worth of 399$ if smart functionalities are disabled.. I request bose to please enable these functionalities in Qatar because all smart devices of bose are sold here in Qatar.. Headphones, SoundBars,Earbuds Home devices.. But still smart functionalities are not activated..

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

You can configure the voice assistant with VPN app 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Cant use google assistant with vpn.. only alexa is configured.. but why bose can't give support to Qatar.. when sony and JBL has already given access of alexa and google assistant on there smart devices.. if bose can't give so its useless to use it's high price tag products... Why bose even selling its smart products when it can't give access to these functionalities in country's..