Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Bose Home speaker 500 Google assistant not working in Denmark

Seem Google assistant is not avaliable for home speaker 500 in Denmark.
However Google assistant is avaliable on most other similar product.
Why isnt avaliable?

When will it be avaliable in Denmark?

Question to determine if I should ship back the product.
Since its obvious that its dosnt fullfill its specifications, as it cant be used with Google assistant.
Would hate do do so, since the sound quality is good, but missing Google assistant is a NO GO.

Regard Robot Mad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose Home speaker 500 Google assistant not working in Denmark

Author Accepted Answer selected by marynofear

Hello everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch.

@marynofear Google Assistant is available in Denmark so you should be able to set this up, if you are having difficulty then you might find this article helpful for troubleshooting.

@mthainguyen Google Assistant is not supported in Vietnam currently, I will pass this information on to the development team for you

For more information on voice assistant availability on Smart Home product please see this article

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Hi Marynofear,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm glad to hear that you have enjoyed the sound quality of your Home Speaker 500. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed that Google Assistant isn't yet available in Denmark. Our development team is working extremely hard to bring this service to as many regions as possible. At the moment, we do not have an estimated time frame for when this will be available in Denmark and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you. We will update the Community once this feature has been added in your region. 

If there is anything else I can do for you please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

You could please advise me how to reregister as  living in a country where google assistant is avaliable. Since that would be ok with me.

Otherwise if this is not posible, I will deliver the product back, and buy Sonos instead, since theynow supports google assistant i Denmark.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Same here from Vietnam, i can’t add my Bose Home speaker 300 using google home app , just can’t find my Bose speaker 300 , seamingly google assistant still not supported as when Bose Home 300 released from august-2019.

i just want to know WHEN will Bose developer update Firmware with google assistant support for all Bose Home Speaker series?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by marynofear

Hello everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch.

@marynofear Google Assistant is available in Denmark so you should be able to set this up, if you are having difficulty then you might find this article helpful for troubleshooting.

@mthainguyen Google Assistant is not supported in Vietnam currently, I will pass this information on to the development team for you

For more information on voice assistant availability on Smart Home product please see this article

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Home speaker 500 no voice assistant in Thailand (Google assistant&Alexa)

No voice assistance available in Thailand while other brand can do, I don’t know if it’s difficult for Bose to do it but I felt I was fooled by specification and all the news from Bose that I’ve read and decide to buy this product.

Spotify also can’t be play I need a premium account while other brand can play easily. I hope Bose team will sort this out soon. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Thanks for the new info.
Google assistant is now available.
Case closed.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Hope Bose development  team soon will realease firmware update to active google assistant in Vietnam. Thankx U

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

The google assistant isn’t available in Trinidad....any idea when that will be solved?

Highlighted

Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to post and submitting your needs for voice assistant availability expansion.

We appreciate your requests, so to stay in the loop with any future updates to our firmware and software, do keep an eye on our socials and the Bose Community. Whenever we have further information regarding any new additions to voice assistant availability, it will be posted to the forums to inform all users.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.