Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chocolate841
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

Bose Home speaker 500 does not connect to my turntable

I have a Sony Turntable (PSLX310BT), which can be connected to Bluetooth speakers and I can connect it to my Beats headphones easily but I cannot connect it to Bose Home Speaker 500. The turntable does not have a screen, so I cannot choose Bose and establish the connection. I wonder whether the problem is with the Bose speaker, can it only connect to smart devices? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Re: Bose Home speaker 500 does not connect to my turntable

Hey @Chocolate841,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble. Out of curiosity, how do you determine what other Bluetooth speakers to connect your turntable too, without a screen?

Are you ensuring the Home Speaker 500 is in pairing mode when trying to make the connection?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Chocolate841
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

Hi Sam_F,

I choose Bluetooth on the Bose app to turn on the Bluetooth on the Home Speaker 500 and turn on the pairing on my turntable and nothing happens. They are right next to each other.

But the Home Speaker 500 can connect to my iPhone, I wonder that is because Home Speaker requires choosing the pairing device through the Bose app, without that it does not pair up and since I don't see my turntable on the device list on the Bose app, Home Speaker cannot connect to the turntable? 

I know the turntable's Bluetooth works because it can connect to my Beats headphones. I turn on my headphones and the pairing on the turntable, then they just pair up and neither of them has a screen. 

Thanks!

Jessie_O

Hi Chocolate841, Thank you for explaining this to us. 

I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing on both your turntable and your Home Speaker 500. Then try pairing again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Chocolate841
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

Thanks for the recommendation, since the turntable does not have a screen, it is not possible to know how to clear the pairing history but I decided to pair the turntable and the speaker using an aux cable. The Bluetooth does not seem to be an option to pair these up, I believe the Home Speaker needs to connect to a device that has a screen and has the Bose app.

IanNisbet
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

I’m finding it impossible to connect my Akai turntable to my Home 500 using Bluetooth yet the same turntable easily connects to my old Bose Soundlink portable speaker.  I have tried turning off all other Bluetooth devices in my home but still cannot ‘discover’ my turntable.

Would really appreciate any assistance.