Highlighted
Steffen-San
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Bose Music App Authorize new Music Serivces not Possible

Dear Bose Community,

I just bought the Soundbar 700 and now I'm facing the following issue while try to add a new music service in Bose Music app.

My Setup:

- Bose Soundbar 700 (FW: 5.0.14)

- Bose Music App (version 2.4.3) on Android 9

I go to the following Screen to Authorize Spotify.

Screenshot_20191027-153419_Bose Music.jpg

Unfortunately, when touch on the Spotify Icon literally nothing happens. The screen stays just like shown on the Foto. I also tried Amazon Music etc. but see the same symptom. All I can do is leaving the screen by tapping "<" icon. I reinstalled Spotify already but same behavior.

Anyone experienced the same or can give a hint to resolve this?

Thanks in Advance and Best Regards

Steffen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Bose Music App Authorize new Music Serivces not Possible

Author Accepted Answer selected by Steffen-San

Hey Steffen-San,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Bose Community forums. 

I hope that you're enjoying your new Soundbar 700! I'd be glad to help you out here. I appreciate the previous troubleshooting you've attempted to uninstall the application, but there are certainly some more things I'd like to mention.

As you have outlined that you're using an Android phone, it may be the built-in internet browser settings on your tablet blocking the page from opening the selection as it is a new "window". To enable this function, can you attempt the following:

1. Open Chrome on your phone/device
  2. Press the "Settings" button on the top-right of the screen. This button looks like three vertical buttons
  3. Press "Settings"
  4. Press "Site Settings"
  5. Press "Pop-ups and redirects"
  6. Toggle the on/off button on the top-right of the screen to enable

Following this, attempt to add Spotify as a service within the Bose Music application again. Please do get back to us when you can and let us know the outcome, or if you experience any further issues. 

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Steffen-San

Hey Steffen-San,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Bose Community forums. 

I hope that you're enjoying your new Soundbar 700! I'd be glad to help you out here. I appreciate the previous troubleshooting you've attempted to uninstall the application, but there are certainly some more things I'd like to mention.

As you have outlined that you're using an Android phone, it may be the built-in internet browser settings on your tablet blocking the page from opening the selection as it is a new "window". To enable this function, can you attempt the following:

1. Open Chrome on your phone/device
  2. Press the "Settings" button on the top-right of the screen. This button looks like three vertical buttons
  3. Press "Settings"
  4. Press "Site Settings"
  5. Press "Pop-ups and redirects"
  6. Toggle the on/off button on the top-right of the screen to enable

Following this, attempt to add Spotify as a service within the Bose Music application again. Please do get back to us when you can and let us know the outcome, or if you experience any further issues. 

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Steffen-San
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Hello Andy,

thank you very much for the fast response. Blocked popups where indeed causing this problem.

Now everything is working fine and I can put my favorite playlists on preset buttons. I'm very happy with my Bose Soundbar 700!

Best Regards

Steffen Pengel