Nam
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

Bose Music App Grouping

I am trying to pair this Smart Speaker and S1 Pro using SimpleSync Feature in Bose Music App. Apparently, when both device are paired, my bluetooth connection will be kicked out, and I can only use the Bose Music App to play music or so (Spotify as the only external service here in Finland). Would there be a way for me to stream music from Youtube/Tidal whilst having them both connected? 

Also I have noticed that when they are grouped in the App, the S1 Pro's volume can't be adjusted nonetheless. Is it normal?

Bose product name

Bose Portable Smart Speaker

Country

Finland

Firmware Version

App Version

latest, I have just updated this product and purchased the S1 Pro. 

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
iOS 14.

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nam
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

Re: Bose Music App Grouping

Author Accepted Answer selected by Nam

I got it grouped via AirPlay instead of Bluetooth. Problem solved. Unfortunately no one has ever contacted me since then. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sam_F

Hey Nam,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I hope you've enjoyed your S1 and Smart Speaker so far! I'd be happy to help with your grouping query.

Firstly, it seems you're taking the correct approach for grouping your systems, but I'd be happy to clear up your queries. The Grouping allows you to stream music services directly available in the Bose Music app to all systems in the group. Therefore, you may have some difficulty if you're attempting to stream external sources. Therefore, your previous Bluetooth connection will be overridden by the Bose Music app group. However, if you select the 'Source' button when tapping on your speaker, you can have it connected via Bluetooth but it will be standalone.

Also, regarding volume control, at the bottom right of the display (next to the volume bar), you should see an arrow to expand the volume settings. Does this not bring up two separate volume bars, one for the S1 and one for the Smart Speaker, to control volume?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Nam
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

Firstly, it seems you're taking the correct approach for grouping your systems, but I'd be happy to clear up your queries. The Grouping allows you to stream music services directly available in the Bose Music app to all systems in the group. Therefore, you may have some difficulty if you're attempting to stream external sources. Therefore, your previous Bluetooth connection will be overridden by the Bose Music app group. However, if you select the 'Source' button when tapping on your speaker, you can have it connected via Bluetooth but it will be standalone.

No, it doesn't work. I've been trying so many times and still no. 

Here are more details:

Bose Music App - Connect to Smart Speaker (connected via Bluetooth) - Group Speakers feature - Bose S1 Pro selected - Bose S1 added to group + Bluetooth device disconnected - 02 cases:

1. Source - Bluetooth Device toggle on - Group disbanded. 
  2. Stream music from Bose Music App only. 

Also, regarding volume control, at the bottom right of the display (next to the volume bar), you should see an arrow to expand the volume settings. Does this not bring up two separate volume bars, one for the S1 and one for the Smart Speaker, to control volume?

I'm sorry no. It doesn't work. Even when I bring it back to mute, the volume is (was) set by default somewhere and I can only adjust it by rotating the physical button.

Edited: turns out the button is the default setting. So yes this does work. Thank you for your answer.

It would be nice if you can make a tutorial video and send it directly to me / YouTube so that others can follow as well. 

I contacted the Customer Service in WhatsApp yesterday but it didn't work out well. I sent them the recordings as well, but unfortunately it seems to me the communication was somehow unclear. 

I've been testing it with iPad Air 2, iPhone 11 and iPhone 8s (all iOS 14)

Nam
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by Nam

I got it grouped via AirPlay instead of Bluetooth. Problem solved. Unfortunately no one has ever contacted me since then. 

View solution in original post

osoriag
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2021

I have a question about grouping speakers within the smart speaker family...

I own a Home Speaker 500 and a Portable Smart Speaker. I have no issues grouping them and streaming music from the Bose music app or thru spotify via Air Play... I am planning on buying a Soundbar 500, so my question is: Is it possible to connect my soundbar via ARC to a TV to play, say some music videos, and grouping the Home Speaker and Portable Speaker with the soundbar, with the TV being the source of the sound via ARC.

Thank you

Vicky_W

Hello Osoriag, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Whilst this cannot be done in simple grouping, SimpleSync should allow you to do this. To get started, open the Bose Music app on your mobile device and navigate to your Bose Smart Family product. Then click on your product’s image in the bottom-right corner of your screen, tap on “group”, and choose to add your Bose speaker or headphones. Make sure your Bluetooth speaker or headphones are turned on and in pairing mode before you open the app on your mobile device. No SoundTouch app needed, even when pairing SoundTouch products. For the complete list of products, see Products that support SimpleSync™ in the Bose Support section. You can explore more on SimpleSync here

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
osoriag
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2021

Thanks a lot! This was really helpful