Highlighted
Lead Community Manager
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Bose Music App Update - 2.4.3 - 8 October 2019

smart home 1.PNG

*UPDATE*

On 10/10 we released 2.4.4 on iOS to address an issue where the app would close unexpectedly on iOS 13 on the WiFi selection screen. This should now be fixed!

Original Post

On October 8th, 2019, a new update for the Bose Music App is available through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Full release information is as follows:

Official release notes as published in the Apple app store (iOS)

Here’s what we did for version 2.4.3

• You can now use your phone or tablet’s volume buttons to control the volume on your smart speakers and soundbars.
  • Made some tweaks to help the app perform better than ever

Official release notes as published in the Google Play store (Android)

Here’s what we did for version 2.4.3

• Made some tweaks to help the app perform better than ever

Additional release information:

iOS

• Fixed an issue where the volume slider was not compatible with iOS13.

Android

• Fixed an issue where Sony Xperia users were unable to get through the ‘Get Connected’ screen during setup.
14 REPLIES 14
specktro
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Re: Bose Music App Update - 2.4.3 - 8 October 2019

The application crashes in iOS 13.1 with iPhone 11 Pro Max when I try to connect to my Bose Home Speaker 500, in the wizard menu when the application is retrieving wi-fi networks just crash, I've tried to reinstall the application, reset my Bose speaker, etc. But it's not working, I want to use my new purchase, I don't know what I can do.

Hello specktro,

Thank you for post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the Bose Music app.

A recent update by Apple has been released. Could you please update to iOS 13.1.2? Then test this again and let us know if you continue to encounter any problems.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

specktro
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Hi Charlotte, thank you for your response. I aleady have the latest version from iOS.

IMG_6575.PNG

Here you have a video evidence https://youtu.be/7L0_C--qwhQ

The application is crashing on iOS 13.1.2 in iPhone 11 Pro Max

Hi Specktro, 

Thank you for providing this information! 

I'm sorry that the troubleshooting steps provided have not resolved your issue. 

Do you have a different device you could try? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

specktro
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Sorry, but I just have my personal iPhone, I tried to search a Bose Music app for macos unfortunately it is just for iOS, it's a shame because the SoundTouch app exists for desktop. My friend borrowed me his iPhone 7 with iOS 13.1.2 and the application crashes in his device too.

I was a big expense, you know? The Bose 500 Home Speaker, I hope you can resolve this ASAP!

Hi Specktro, 

Thanks for following up. 

Your right, the application is only available on mobile devices. 

Have you been able to uninstall the application and re-install? 

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, we're doing all we can to get to the bottom of this. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

specktro
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Hi Jessie,

I have tried everything, restart my device, restart too many times the speaker, remove the application and re-install it and the result it's the same. The development team should have the crash logs in the Bose iTunes Connect portal, they should analyze that information to create a new version ASAP!

u_u

cnyc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem and have tried everything as well.

Clearly the app needs to be fixed.

I just bought the new speakers yesterday and I cannot use them. 

We need a solution ASAP.

Thanks,

C

bp.sg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Dear Bose

Amazingly, this new release of app is crashing and not able to setup the Soundbar after a reset. I am running on iOS 13.1.2, iPhone X. First time it crashed immediately after it found the Soundbar. Subsequently it crashes after entering WiFi password. Lucky me, I have an iPhone with iOS 12.4, and I could re-setup my Soundbar. I am very puzzled what type of tester you have hired in Bose. 

Now, why do I need to reset again? It’s because the vocal suddenly becomes so loud after I am not using it for 2 days and the bass was loss again. So I gotta reset the whole set and redo everything again. This is another puzzling thing, and it happens to me twice since I own the Soundbar for the past 7 months. 

Would be great if you can release firmware or app that does not have such obvious issue. App crashing, seriously?

BP