Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Bose Music App Update - 3.3.4 - May 5th 2020

bose music.jfif

Starting on May 5th, a new update for the Bose Music App will be available through the Google Play and iOS App Store. This staged release starts on May 5th and completes by May 7th. Those that wish to have the update immediately can go to the Play store and download manually, and those downloading for the first time will get the new app.

This release enables a few new features such as TV selection as an audio source, as well as addressing minor bugs.

Version Information

• Android: 3.3.4
  • iOS: 3.3.4

Release Notes
Features

• Easily access audio sources like Bluetooth from the Product Control menu in the app
  • Soundbar users can now switch to TV as a source
  • If you're setting up a new Smart Speaker or Soundbar, you'll be able to see the status of your update during out-of-box setup
  • We revamped our grouping screen in the product control menu to highlight a new feature, SimpleSync

iOS only

• Now you can use your Apple ID to set up or log in to your Bose Music account

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue causing some users to see "We are having trouble connecting to your account..." when attempting to add their Noise Cancellation Headphones 700 to their accounts during setup
  • A few tweaks and fine-tuning to make the app more stable and less buggy
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Re: Bose Music App Update - 3.3.4 - May 5th 2020

Hi,

with version 3.3.4 the settings form remains empty. Problem encountered with both iphone and ipad, I also tried to delete and install the app again. Connected to a SoundBar 700 with version fw 8.0.13. You can verify? iOS 13.4.1

Highlighted

Hi ngh5e,

Just to double-check with you on this, when you say the settings form is empty, is this the entire menu when you go to access the settings or just certain options that are blank?

Could you attach a screenshot to a post for us so we can see what you see in the app?

One thing I would definitely recommend doing is rebooting your soundbar to re-establish it's connection to your app. All you need to do is disconnect it from the power for at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in and letting it reconnect.

I look forward to getting an update!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

hi, the settings screen is completely empty. I tried to unplug the soundbar for two minutes as indicated but with the same problems

how can I attach an image?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Since this update went live, I’ve lost connection from my soundbar 700 to my bass module 700. No matter what I try, I’m not able to reconnect it.

the status light on the bass module is pulsating orange, as it should be for connecting

I’ve followed all guides on pairing, reset both the bass module and the soundbar. I even did a factory reset on the soundbar, nothing works.

I’m honestly feeling quite frustrated with buying this expensive equipment and having to deal with this completely sub-par app experience.

please tell me there’s something you can do to help me. My bass module is just a very expensive piece of plastic at the moment.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 9, 2020

PLEASE someone know how to streaming soundcloud at the soundtouch? I can't do it....

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2020

I've only had my Bose 300 for about a week. But I swear I used to be able to  queue music in Amazon and view the queue of music. That seems to not be an option anymore. Is that a result of this update? 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

So when can we finally expect landscape support for the iPad app?

This has been much requested and so annoying because many of us use the iPad in landscape mode for most of the time

please please please add this.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2020

I’m having the same problem, on the setting screen it’s just blank no access to settings

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

the problem of the form settings is not resolved, can you help us? is it an app problem?