Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Re: Bose Music App Update - 3.3.4 - May 5th 2020

You have got to be kidding me, another Bose update and another fail.  Since this app went live on iOS i have lost access to all my Bose products, my NC700 Headphones, Soundbar 700, the Sub and the Rears...

Over 2k worth of products I can’t use or see... not happy grrr....

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Update now loops when logging in via Facebook on iPhone 11 max. Can’t use app on iPhone. Please help?

Highlighted

Thanks for your comments, everyone! I hope you're all doing well.

@GNixon - I'm sorry to hear this.

If you haven't already, please try to force the soundbar to update again manually. Instructions can be found here.

@UnknownGnome - I'm sorry to hear you're unable to queue music in Amazon Music.

I'm sure the Bose Music app update would not remove useful features, so I'd recommend removing your Amazon account from the app, then re-add it to check for functionality. To other members of the community: are you experiencing the same issue? 

@dutchgunner - We have no information at this time to share regarding landscape support but I will share your desire for its addition to the app.

@Griffiths - Would you be able to share some screenshots of this issue? We'd love to be able to investigate further.

@Diomac - Sorry to hear this.

Please disconnect your devices and router from power for around 5 minutes, plug back in then try again. If the issue persists, please sign out of the Bose Music account then sign back in. You could also try to uninstall/reinstall the app. 

@RooWho - Sorry to hear you're experiencing update loops on your iPhone.

Do you have any VPNs, ad-blockers or anything which may be inhibiting the connection installed on the iPhone? 

Finally, to everyone, please consider creating a new thread on the Community for your issue. Be sure to search for your issue before posting as there may be a pre-existing thread where it may already be being discussed. This helps us and others to assist you better in a more organized manner! 😊

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

@Jeff_G  hate when you log into Bose Music after the update in iOS it force logs you out, when you log back in all your settings and devices are missing.   If you try to add your devices again none of them can be found.  I have done the turn off for 5-10 minutes routine and it does not change anything.

Have deleted the app, reinstalled it, no change.  So I have all this Bose kit that can’t be interacted with. Really over the poor QA on the Bose software side, these aren’t minor issues, these are major and very disruptive, why does this persist to be a common occurrence.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

700 had been updated yesterday (overnight). I was logged off this morning. Logged in again (with same WLAN on all devices!) and everything was running fine. All parameter as always. 

Highlighted

Hi Diomac, Thanks for coming back to us I'm sorry to hear that your issues persist. At this point, I would recommend getting in contact with the team. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our team will be more than happy to help!

Let us know if there is anything more we can do for you! 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

@Jeff_G 

I tried manually updating, but the soundbar was already running the latest firmware.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

Hi,

I have an Bose Portable speaker and had to reset it this weekend.

It looks like there was an iOS update to the app and now nothing in the app works.

From 2 different iOS devices it sees the speaker but once I go to settings it's blank and nothing loads...

Highlighted

Sorry to hear this, @GNixon.

Have you tried factory resetting the soundbar to attempt a fresh setup? Instructions can be found here.

If there are any new electrical/wireless devices, this may cause issues with connectivity, so I'd recommend removing them temporarily just for testing purposes. 

For setup, I would move the bass module much closer to the soundbar if possible. 

If you continue to experience issues, please get in touch with local support in your region via this link.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

The app has been crashing consistently once you enable the Airplay