Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Bose Music App Update - Updated 3.27

bose music.jfif

Starting on March 3rd, a new update for the Bose Music App will be available through the Google Play Store. This update will be rolled-out in stages starting March 7th to anyone that has auto-updates enabled. Those that wish to have the update immediately can go to the Play store and download manually, and those downloading for the first time will get the new app.

iOS will be available on the App Store March 10th.

Version Information:

• iOS: 3.2.1
  • Android: 3.2.2 

Release Notes

In-App Help

• This update include in-app help for reconnecting a Universal Soundbar Remote.

Additional Android improvements

• General User Interface improvements
  • SimpleSync volume overlay/volume dialog fixes
  • Other general quality of life improvements 

OS Compatibility:

IOS: 10.3.3+

Android: 5.1+

3/17 update:

A patch release to the 3.2.4 Android version of the Bose Music App will be available starting March 17th. A subsequent patch for iOS will follow but a date is not currently available. This patch includes a few tweaks and fine-tuning to make the app more stable and less buggy.

3/25 update:

iOS 3.2.2 is now available to those who manually update their app. It will be available for automatic download on 3/26.

3/27 update:

Android 3.2.5 is now available to those who manually update their app. It will be available for automatic download on 3/28. It includes a minor in-app message fix.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Re: Bose Music App Update

HI Wayne,

I have a fix for the App not being able to see the sound bar 500/700 after the update. When running a 2.4gz and 5gz network from a router - you must name each differently - otherwise the app on phone/ipad etc cannot see which is which.. This was the fix for me after chatting to Bose support....

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Please put in the application type of sound decoding, example DOLBY DIGITAL, DTS or STEREO

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

Version 3.2.2 doesnt start up afyer download from playstore. Even earlier version crashes too.

What could be the problem?

Highlighted

Hey ckt21, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that you are having some issues launching the Bose Music app. 

I would recommend performing a reset on your mobile device, as well as ensuring that your mobile is running the latest software version. 

If the issue still persists, please delete and re-install the application.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

Managed to get the app work now. Thanks.

I have soundbar 700 light activity enquiry which i have posted in another thread. Please advise accordingly.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

Update 3.2.1, when the universal remote control is activated, the application closes. ios system 12.4.5
Highlighted

Hi Sergei73,

I'm sorry to hear the app is closing while you are setting up the remote control with your system and I would be more than happy to help with this.

So I know exactly what is happening with your app, at what point during the remote setup is it closing the app? Is this when pairing the remote with the soundbar, when programming with the TV, or at another time?

The first thing I would recommend doing is uninstalling and reinstalling the Bose Music app on your iOS device. The way I always recommend doing this is by uninstalling the app, restarting the phone or tablet, then redownloading the app from the app store.

Let me know how you get on.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

The application closes after I click on the activation link of the universal remote. in the previous version of the application, I could not connect more than one universal remote control. it is sad.

Highlighted

Hey @Sergei73,

That sounds very unusual! Have you tried using the app on a different mobile device? What system are you trying to use two remotes for? What are you referring to when you mention "the previous version" - was this still when using the Bose Music app?