Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

Re: Bose Music App Update

in the previous version of the bose musik application, the ability to configure the remote was opened. in the updated version, the application closes as soon as I try to click on the settings of the universal remote. in the version of the application for android the ability to configure a universal remote control is preserved. I tried to connect a universal remote control from bose solo5 nothing happened.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this Sergei73, 

Can you please try this with another device to see if you experience the same issue? 

I would also like to know if you have deleted and reinstalled the application? If so does the same issue occur? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

I tried to reinstall the application, but this does not help to solve the problem. The application closes as a custom connection for the universal remote. I have the opportunity to connect the remote to the device on the android application has stopped opening, today it helped to reinstall. add voice assistant to the region of russia is very important for people with disabilities

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

You can setup the Google assistant using VPN app

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

Can you describe in more detail how to do this on ipad tablets?

Highlighted

Hi @Sergei73

Thank you for your question! 

I'll happily provide you with instructions on how to update your Bose Music app on your iPad 😊 

Here I have attached a link from Apple support providing you with full instructions. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

The application is installed but it works with errors that I wrote about. The application closes when I try to activate the setup of the universal remote. In the previous version of the application, this option worked, but I could not register the remote.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

My router does not allow me to name 2.4 and 5.0 WiFi networks separately. It automatically uses fastest network. Does this mean I have to get a new router??

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

What if u can and do name the 2.4 and 5.0 networks separately... which one do u have to choose for Bose App to work? My prob is App won't allow me to connect to Bose 500 Network at initial setup. Says Internet n/a when connection to my own network is strong and no problem. Does specifying which network (2.4 or 5.0) solve this prob as well?

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

@MMMgood wrote:

My router does not allow me to name 2.4 and 5.0 WiFi networks separately. It automatically uses fastest network. Does this mean I have to get a new router??

I'm using a netgear router with smart connect to combine 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz and i'm experiencing no connection problems.