Lead Community Manager

Bose Music App Update

bose music.jfif

Starting on February 12th, a new update for the Bose Music App will be available through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. This update will be rolled-out in stages starting Feb 12th to anyone that has auto-updates enabled. Those that wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually, and those downloading for the first time will get the new app.

Version Information:

• iOS: 3.1.6
  • Android: 3.1.7 

Release Notes

App

• A few tweaks and fine-tuning to make the app more stable and less buggy.
  • Improved “Add a Product” screens

Smart Home Speakers and Soundbars

• You can now control the individual volume of the Bluetooth speaker that is in a SimpleSync group within the Bose Music app.
  • Minor Bug Fixes:
    • Fix pairing status displayed in Bose Music App when NC700 is grouped to Soundbar 500/700 and soundbars are on Ethernet connection
    • Improve Bluetooth pairing popup behavior in Bose Music App on Android devices

OS Compatibility:

IOS: 10.3.3+

Android: 5.1+

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
diver45
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

SoundTouch 23.0.10

Need your help and Y'all probably think I'm crazy, but I downloaded this firmware and everything was going fine till I tried using my speaker.  The Bose app keeps going into "set up mode.  I hit continue....pick my sound bar 300 hit the music not and 9 ...get a amber light under the music note.....hit continue...……...waits for 3 minutes...……...then goes back to setup mode....says my speaker needs some help setting up.  Right now I am not getting any sound at all.  I train rescue swimmers and wanted to watch a little tv.....BUT CAN'T because no sound from my Bose speaker...……..I gotta go back to work now and I know I will have no tv to watch/listen too.  any help would be appreciated.  Teaching rescue swimmers is easier than this.

Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 23.0.10

Hi diver45, 

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

I'd love to help with the audio issue on your SoundTouch 300! 

I'd recommend starting with a reset. Unplug the system from power, give it 30 seconds and plug it back in. Once complete, try the process again.

Let me know how it goes! 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
diver45
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Thanks for the response.  I will try this and see what happens.  Got homme at 9:30pm and I am back to the pool now.

Highlighted
diver45
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

ok I did everything and it seemed to work, but I have an "AMBER" light under the Bose note symbol and still no sound out of my speakers...……...what should I try next????

Highlighted
diver45
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

OK, got it.  Finally figured out to press the TV button on the remote.  Thanks to all of you who help us out.  Now back to the pool to train some more trainees!!!!!  Thanks much!!

Highlighted

Hi Driver45, 

Thanks for coming back to me!

I'm glad to hear that everything seems to be working ok for you now and you are back to enjoying the Bose sound! 

If there is anything else we can do for you, you know where to find us!

Highlighted
Waveform
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Re: Bose Music App Update

HI guys,

My app updated on my iphone to the latest. Now the app cannot see my 700.. Also - when I try and airplay from music it does not even see my soundbar... BUT the soundbar will still stream itself.... I cannot see the soundbar on my network, its like it has disappeared....

I have power cycled

Deleted app and re-installed app

Pressed the TV button and back button to put into setup mode 

App still does not see soundbar..

Was there a firmware update pushed out that has created a problem?

Thoughts?

Highlighted
diver45
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Re: Bose Music App Update

I saw one in November/19 but that is about it

Highlighted
ZEUSHP
Audible Advocate
Registered since