Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Bose Music app wont sign in

Music app wont sign in for a few days now. All devices are up to date an I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Also rebooted the router and Soundbar 700. All are on same home network. Username, email and password are all correct. All I get is :-

Hmm....

Something went wrong when we tried to sign you in. Try again later."

How on earth can I access any settings if this is the only option to connect to the soundbar?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Re: Bose Music app wont sign in

Hi,

Having the same issue-just downloaded the bose music app for the first time and am getting the message of "Hmm Something went wrong when we tried to sign you in. Try again later."

This is on a Pixel 3 android phone, and with the app downloaded from the Google playstore.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Yep, same issue. Just bought the Home speaker 300, downloaded the Bose music app, but I can't sign - same "Hmmm something went wrong message". Have tried two different devices, multiple accounts - just won't sign in.

What's going on??

My main device is a Sony Xperia Z5 compact, Android 7.1.1

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

I am also having the same problem, just received my brand new Bose speaker and the app won't login. I've reinstalled the app multiple times, made sure no other app running, restarted phone, restarted router, tried both email login (works on website) and FB login - same error every time.

I might need to return this thing if I literally can't use it because the app has so many problems. On Android 9 (OnePlus 5T), not rooted or anything funny. I'm not going to spend hours troubleshooting something clearly many people have ongoing issues with, especially for a premium product that should just work!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

I think they borked the Android app somehow. 

I've tried it across multiple devices across multiple networks. And lo-and-behold it has no issues on any iOS devices in the home. 

Every android devices across multiple versions of Android all fail. As are all the recent comments referencing this issue. 

And to help anyone else I have literally done every single solution provided. 

• New account • Deleted, reinstall • Delete reinstall with phone restarts at different points • WiFi, Mobile network multiples of each • Facebook sign in • different devices • firewall checks • ad blocker checks • browser default checks • app permissions 

Etc etc. If you've seen a solution on Google I've tried it

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

I have exactly the same problem. Just installed today the app and login with email is impossible.

Android 9.

Also, with a old Amazon tablet I can login, but the app don't works properly.

Very frustrating for the day that I (tryed to) start using the Home 500...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

I've  the same problem with Bose Music, I'm using a Pixel 3 .

Is there any other way around?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

I called support earlier today and was told there's some sort of server issue on their end. No ETA.

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Earlier today we experienced an issue that was affecting the ability to log into and create accounts for the Bose Music and Bose Connect Android apps. We are now pleased to confirm that this has since been resolved. You can find more information on the announcement, HERE. We will be locking this thread, but please do let us know if you experience any further difficulties in the master thread.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!