Highlighted

Re: Bose Music App Won't Sign In?

Hello 1991genehispanic,

Thank you for your post and for joining the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry that you're experiencing some difficulty with signing in to the Bose Connect app.

Do you receive any particular errors at all? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2020

Re: Bose Music App Won't Sign In

Same issue, did you ever figure out how to get it resolved?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Re: Bose Music App Won't Sign In

Hello facing same issue, additionaly having an 'unauthorized user' error in the app.

Regards Marcin 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

ReponseRe: Bose Music App Won't Sign In

Yeah. I noticed that I need to get an app update and the headphones update. Then reinstalled.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

Response .Re: Bose Music App Won't Sign In

Yeah. I noticed that I need to get an app update and the headphones update. Then reinstalled.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

May 18th, 2020 - Still having the same issue. Using android. firmware updated, reinstall the Bose music app more than 5x. Issue not solved. 

Highlighted

Hi Billy M, 

What Android device are you using? Is the device rooted? Do you have any apps installed that specifically modify the settings of other apps? 

If possible, I would recommend checking to see if your device supports multiple user accounts. I would then create a new user, sign in to your Google Play account, download and install the Bose Music app, then try to sign in. If it works fine on this user account, something installed on your original user account may be conflicting to cause the issue with sign in. 

I would also recommend checking the app on another device if you have one to hand. 

Be sure to let me know how you get on! 😊

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Hi Jeff, thank you for the prompt response. Im using Galaxy S8. I've tried uninstalled the app, signed in with different account google play and still no luck. I've tried using my old iPad and it works. i'd prefer using my Samsung Galaxy S8 rather my ipad. Not really sure what you mean if my device rooted? 

Highlighted

Thanks for your reply, Billy!

Rooting is essentially a process that allows you to gain deeper access to the device's operating system. If you've had the phone from new, then it's likely it isn't rooted. 

It's great to hear the iPad worked, but I can appreciate your desire to use your smartphone instead. Is the S8 running the latest firmware update? You can use the instructions on this page to check.

Have you also tried restarting the phone since reinstalling the app? 

Thanks!