Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saikatchatrg
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2016

Bose Music App doesn't connect to Spotify

Hi,

I have recently bought Bose Portable Home Speaker. It is connected to our Home Wifi. When connected to TuneIn, it works smooth. However, when I play Spotify, it does not work. Though I can see the app is playing, but no sound. When I play using bluetooth connection, it works. For initial few days, it worked although.
Is there any solution?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Saikat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Music App doesn't connect to Spotify

Author Accepted Answer selected by saikatchatrg

Hi saikatchatrg,

Thanks for confirming this. 

Without a premium account you will not be able to integrate Spotify within the Bose Music app. The Spotify Connect feature is also only available with a Spotify Premium account.

If you wish to stream with Spotify I would suggest using an Airplay connection if you're using an iOS device, or streaming via Bluetooth. 

As for the Bluetooth connectivity issues which you are facing, have you ensured that your products are within the advised Up to 33 feet (10 m) Bluetooth range?

Do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pamie
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2020

No sound come from Bose soundlink speaks, but is connected to bluetooth.  Sound bar is active on app Spotify and Pandora?

Jessie_O

Hi @saikatchatrg

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing and will be happy to help!

Can you tell me if you have a premium Spotify account or the Ad version?

Are you able to play to the Portable Homespeaker using Spotify Connect?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Hi @Pamie

Can I grab some additional information?

Which speaker are you using? I have included a product identifier HERE to help you. 

Once I have this information I will be able to advise further. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
saikatchatrg
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2016

Hi,

I do not have a premium Spotify account.

Also I am not able to play to the Portable Homespeaker using Spotify Connect. Though I can see the timebar of the song in Spotify window is progressing. Though if connected with Bluetooth, it is playing on the speaker.

An additional observation, if I play song using Bluetooth from laptop or mobile, sometimes it is disconnected in between without reason. I found that happening mostly after 10 minutes of starting the music. The next interruption usually happens after an hour.

Is it also normal? Or there is an application issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks

Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by saikatchatrg

Hi saikatchatrg,

Thanks for confirming this. 

Without a premium account you will not be able to integrate Spotify within the Bose Music app. The Spotify Connect feature is also only available with a Spotify Premium account.

If you wish to stream with Spotify I would suggest using an Airplay connection if you're using an iOS device, or streaming via Bluetooth. 

As for the Bluetooth connectivity issues which you are facing, have you ensured that your products are within the advised Up to 33 feet (10 m) Bluetooth range?

Do let us know. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

baldur@lausnin.is
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

I have a premium account and still i cant put playlists and listen to spotify on the app ?

what do I do?

Sam_F

Hey baldur,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Do you have any issues with linking your Spotify account to the Bose Music app? If you have a premium account you will be able to link and play your saved music. Do you have any other linked services in the Bose Music app having issues?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!