Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Bose Music On Screen

When ever I turned on my Samsung TV after a few seconds the screen switches to the Bose Music logo and I have to hit input to switch to my cable box input. Is there any way to change this setting on my Bose 700 sound bar? It’s an uneccesary step to watching tv.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose Music On Screen

Hi Enpheky, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that the source switches to the Bose Music Screen. This sounds like a CEC command from your TV. This is detecting the input from the soundbar and switching source accordingly. You can change the CEC settings in your TV settings menu, try tweaking these to see if this helps. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Hey Jessie,

The moment I turn off the CEC command it’s not connecting the Bose speaker unfortunately. It isn’t giving me options of what device to turn in and off when it comes to that.

Hi @Enphekt,

Thanks for checking that!

To confirm, you finish watching cable and you turn your TV off - once turned back on, does the TV not stay on the same cable box source input? Or every time does it switch back to the Bose Music app screen?

Also, what is the model number of your TV? That'll help us look a bit further into the issue.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Hey Sam,

I have a Samsung QN82Q60. I turn on the tv to watch it and it turns the tv and cable box on properly then as soon as the soundbar turns on it switches the input and I see the Bose Music on screen. Then I have to use the tv remote to switch the input to the cable box. It happens every time I turn on the TV. Thanks for your help! Happy Holidays!

Hi @Enphekt,

Thanks for the clarification.

I'd also like to ask - is your cable audio currently coming from the Soundbar 700 or you TV speakers?

One suggestion I could make is possibly using an optical cable to hook up the soundbar. This way, any HDMI incompatibilities will become irrelevant and the source switching should not happen anymore.

Would you be able to try this and let me know if the problem persists?

Warm regards,

Sam F

Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Hey Sam,

My cable audio is coming from the the Soundbar 700. I can try switching the audio output to an optical cable instead of HDMI, I will just have to purchase that wire. In reading online HDMI provides better audio than optical cable. Is there any way to tweak the device manager to on the soundbar first then when the Verizon box is turned on it switches to that HDMI in that order it will be up for a second then switch to the Verizon HDMI that the cable box is hooked up to? The unnecessary switch of HDMI is an extra step but if I can get it to work without it it would be ideal.

All the best,
Steven