mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

Bose Music and IOS 13

I know you are going to say you don't support beta OS but please let your developers know there is a problem on IOS 13 where your app does not see the wireless connection. On my ipad pro it works fine witrh a wired connection. Maybe they can get this fixed so when catalina is released in a few months things will work properly.

8 REPLIES 8
mrtnhndl
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Re: Bose Music and IOS 13

I think this is a general issue with wifi and apps... I have it on Harman/Kardon too.

mrtnhndl
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

I just updated to the newest beta of ios - 4, and the error disappeared!

JohnBorz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

This has been fixed with the latest IOS 13 Beta update.  I had this issue too, but not anymore, although the app still worked just fine even when I had the issue.  

mrtnhndl
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Again connection issues in Beta 1 of iOS 13.1 

wpb3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

I am having the same issue with iOS 13.2.2 on my iPhone 11 and Bose Micro. It connects then drops the connection.

Hello wpb3,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry that you are having some connection issues with your SoundLink Micro when connected to your iPhone 11. 

To begin, I would recommend that you perform the following steps:

Resetting your speaker

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light glows blue and you hear a voice prompt to select a language.

Updating the firmware

• Visit btu.bose.com on your computer and check for any firmware updates

Delete pairing history

• On your iPhone 11, please go to the Bluetooth device list and forget the speaker. Also, please hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker for 10 seconds to clear the pairing list. You will hear a tone when complete.

Please let me know if there is an improvement after performing these steps.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

wpb3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

thanks for responding. I tried your instructions, but unfortunately, they did not work. Instead of a solid blue glow, the light started blinking. And instead of a prompt to select a language, I was instructed to download the Bose App.

I did download the app and the screen shot shows the settings page. The problem remains the same. The speaker connects, confirm connection, but when I try to play anything, whether an voice message or music, the Bose speaker beeps and then the music shifts to another output (iPhone or iPhone speaker).

Note, the Bose speaker works fine with my iPad 2 running iOS 12.

I have seen multiple threads on the community boards about the iOS 13 problems. Is there any forecasted timeline for a fix?

Thanks!

IMG_39F3B47A9C59-1.jpeg

Hello wpb3, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Have you tried to swipe down in the top right corner of your iPhone's screen to ensure the volume is turned up? If the volume settings are set to change ringer and alerts with the volume buttons, it could be that the speakers volume is not increasing. 

Please give this a try, and let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G