Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Bose Music app doesnt connect to soundbar 700

Tried every single option and the Music app cannot ifnd my sound bar.  Unable to put it in the setup mode where I see Amber light on the bar. I have been using the SoundTouch app from past few years without any issue (still can use it), but this Bose Music app just cannot find my sound bar.  Tried all the options that I can find in these forums for resetting and am unable to put it in that mode. Was able to remove and add the SoundTouch bar successfully multiple times but this Bose Music app just doesn't work for me. I am trying to use my remote for TV.

Please help

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Bose Music app doesnt connect to soundbar 700

Hi JAADO,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

As you have mentioned being unable to put the soundbar into setup mode, where the solid amber light is showing, what if any light do you see on the front of your soundbar? Which of THESE statuses is closest to what the soundbar shows?

I look forward to getting to the bottom of this with you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

I dont see any light when I try to reset but in general I can see white light when ever I play music either from airplay or through TV (HDMI eARC).

Highlighted

Thanks for letting me know that JAADO!

If you are able to play music through Airplay to the soundbar, then it should already be connected to the Wi-Fi network and you shouldn't need to put it in setup mode to add it to the app.

Have you had the soundbar available in the app previously, or is this your first time setting it up? If it is the first time, when you open the Bose Music app, what you will need to do is press the + icon on the My Bose page, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

If you have had it available in the app previously, what does the app show you when you open it?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

It cannot find the sound bar when I select the + icon. It keeps on searching and after a while gives up, asking me to select product and then show remote codes. I tried those and it still doesn't do anything

Highlighted

Thanks for giving that a try, JAADO. Do you have two separate WiFi channels available to connect to in your settings? It's possible your soundbar may be connected to one, but your phone isn't connected to this same channel when you're trying to add the system in the app.

It may be worth putting the soundbar into setup mode again, but if the remote is unpaired meaning you're not able to, I'd recommend trying the following to reconnect your remote:

1. Unplug your router to disconnect the soundbar from the Internet
  2. On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power, and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times
  3. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed
    When the soundbar is disconnected from the Internet, the Action button will not attempt to access a voice assistant
  4. On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar
  5. Plug in your router. It may take a couple of minutes for the router to restart and reconnect all devices to the Internet

Let me know how you get on!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Holding the left navigation + volume down button is not soing anything to the soundbar. Also you mentioned action button is on sound bar and I just cannot locate any buttons on my sound

image.jpg

bar?

Highlighted

Thanks for this image JAADO.

Can you check for me that you do own the Soundbar 700? The remote control in the image you have provided us is not compatible with the Soundbar 700 and is in fact one of our SoundTouch 300 soundbar remote controls. This may be why your Bose Music app cannot see the soundbar, as if you own the SoundTouch 300 you will require the SoundTouch app. 

If you look on the back of your soundbar, on the sticker where the serial number is located, you will see the name of the model of the Soundbar next to the Bose logo. 

Do let us know.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

My bad. I checked the product and it is SOUNDTOUCH 300/ACOUSTIMASS 300. I am not even sure if this product is sold anymore but it is already in my soundtouch app.

Highlighted

@JAADO, thanks for confirming that. The steps here will show you how to set up your system with the SoundTouch app and WiFi, could you please let me know if they help?