Twigg95
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

Bose Music app won’t connect my Home Speaker 300

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name Home Speaker 300

Country Uk

Firmware Version 

App Version Music app

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

IPhone 11 Pro max

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Unable to connect the speaker to the music app to enable Alexa.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

my house 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

new model purchased at Christmas and this is my first time trying to connect the device to the app

Any troubleshooting steps you took

No

8 REPLIES 8
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Music app won’t connect my Home Speaker 300

Hey there, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with setting up your Home Speaker 300 for the first time. I will be more than happy to help you with this. 

I have included a LINK HERE to help you through the setup process. 

If the system is still not connecting, I would recommend resetting the system by unplugging it from power for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Twigg95
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

I am aware of the set up that’s what I am having issues with, the app detects my speaker I select add and then instantly I get an error message advising it can’t establish an connection and I get it every time and it is always instantly tells me it can’t connect and asking me to try again it select a different product.

Hector_B

Sorry to hear this Twigg95. 

Have you attempted to use another device to attempt to set up the speaker at all? 

We also have a great list of setup troubleshooting steps listed here

Please do update us on the result of these steps. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Twigg95
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

I don’t have another device to try to set up and the troubleshooting doesn’t address my issue. Why would it see the device and then fail to establish a connection

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us.

This is a little strange. Can you tell me if you have any WiFi extenders or boasters in your listening space? 

Do you have a Firewall that could be preventing communication?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Jfores19
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

I am having the exact same problem. Tried numerous devices and get this error. It doesn’t let me get to screen to put WiFi info in. It finds the Bose 300 home speaker but then goes here. I have no WiFi extenders or firewalls. 

the only thing I can think of is that I get a message at beginning (I cannot get message back) that with iOS latest version I need to share some sort of network access with bose and to just X out of screen when done. I hit okay button and the screen just stays there until I X out. I have no idea if this is something that must be done manually or how to do it. I’ve been through set up tutorials but cannot find how to do this. 

image.jpg

whiskey_sailor
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2021

Having this exact issue.  I've tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps but still end up with the same "Oops! Something went wrong" message.

Marvin_B

Hi whiskey_sailor!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! We need some information to look into this further.

May we know if this is the first time setting up the speaker or have you connected it before using the app?

Did you change internet provider or router?

How far is the speaker from the router? We strongly suggest not to connect it using Wi-Fi extenders.

Looking forward to hearing from you!