Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Bose Portable Home Speaker Continually disconnects from WiFi

Bose Portable Home Speak seems to be disconnecting from wifi constantly. Most obvious symptom is streaming any music from spotify (have tried multiple different streaming sources) seems to only play anywhere from 30secs to 2 mins then stops. Have never been able to get it to play music from wifi without this symptom. 

Another symptom is google assistant often responds to requests with "I'm sorry I can't seem to find your wifi network?". Everything when setting it up initially seemed to go fine it was just that it never was able to actually play any music. 

Error codes given were: C7-SC1300
                                        C7-SC1202

Things I have tried are: Factory resetting all components at least 3 times, resetting Wifi and router, trying multitude of different wifi settings, ensured all components (speaker and phone) are on the same wifi band, tried removing and re-adding the speaker to my bose app at least 10 times. 

Desperate here! Next step is returning item to shop. Help! (love the sound otherwise when using bluetooth streaming!). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Re: Bose Portable Home Speaker Continually disconnects from WiFi

Author Accepted Answer selected by Huema

Hello again, I spoke directly to another Bose representative today. It turns out that the issue was I need to ensure I turned off the WPS setting on both 2.4G and 5G bands on my router. I had thought that simply turning off WPS on the band that the speaker was using (2.4G) would be sufficient, but seems it needs to be turned off on both bands for it to work. So now everything seems to be working as expected, thanks again for all suggestions and assistance! Extremely happy now to have the speaker working as intended.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Hey Huema,

I am sorry this is happening, this is not normal. Please can I confirm if you have updated the speaker since you got it? If not, you can do this by following the steps here

After this, please can you confirm how many WiFi devices you have in your home? Sometimes, if all the bandwidth is being used the speaker can come off the network. Are you able to test it on another network at all? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Yes I have updated the speaker successfully. (But a can try a manual update if still necessary, currently my device says its on firmware version 4.0.10-2172+555c029e)

I have tested with having only the speaker and my phone connected to the WiFi and this does not fix the issue. Unfortunately at this point I can not easily test the device on another network however I will try this soon if possible. 

I should also note that I get the following codes when the music stops streaming from most services:

C7-SC1300
C7-SC1202

Highlighted

Hey @Huema,

Thank you for providing those error codes. I've looked into them and they seemed to be related to issues with music service playback and authorization errors.

Out of curiosity, how far from your speaker if your WiFi router placed? Is there any chance you could move it slightly closer and test to see if the same issues occur? Also, regarding your WiFi - do you see two different networks available to connect to for your home network (2G and 5G)? If so, which one is your speaker/phone usually connected to?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Hello again,

I have tried with having the speaker right next to the WiFi router. Note I do not have any issues with connectivity on any other WiFi devices in my home. 

In regards to 2G/5G I have tried having speaker and phone on both 2G then 5G then tried having them on different bands and this did not change the result. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Also important to note is that WiFi disconnections are not only happening during music playback. They happen when using Alexa assistant also. 

Highlighted

Thank you for those updates Huema!

At this point, given the issue you are having, and the fact that the steps you have been trying so far are not doing the trick, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Please do keep us updated on how you get on.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Huema

Hello again, I spoke directly to another Bose representative today. It turns out that the issue was I need to ensure I turned off the WPS setting on both 2.4G and 5G bands on my router. I had thought that simply turning off WPS on the band that the speaker was using (2.4G) would be sufficient, but seems it needs to be turned off on both bands for it to work. So now everything seems to be working as expected, thanks again for all suggestions and assistance! Extremely happy now to have the speaker working as intended.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for sharing Huema! I am sure this will help others, I am glad that this is resolved for you.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

We have been struggling for years with a highly imperfect Bose Soundtouch speaker system.  Unfortunately, we cannot listen to speakers because they disconnect multiple times per day.  Resetting is required EVERY DAY.  Support, and troubleshooting is redundant and to no avail.