Highlighted

Re: Bose Portable Home Speaker Continually disconnects from WiFi

Hey lisatorquato,

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered some trouble keeping your system connected to the WiFi. On the Bose Community there is always help around, and troubleshooting is readily available. Have you followed and tried the steps posted in this thread so far? Also, have you tried rebooting your WiFi router at any point?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

I’ve done it all, hundreds of times.  
we loved our original Bose Wave.  So we purchased additional speakers, downloaded the app, and it’s been nothing but problems since.  We had 2 networks, speakers fell off daily and we’re out of sync.  We eliminated a network, still problems.  Many people have the same problem, your app.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2017

Finally! My Bose speaker is playing music stable! 😅 Over and over again my Bose speaker stopped playing music. After a reset it played sometimes a couple of hours, sometimes just 5 minutes and *boom* no music anymore. Had to reset it again. Thank you very much to share your solution with the community (disabling WPS on your router).

@bosehelpdesk: please stop suggestion people to reset their speaker, to reinstall the app, to power cycle your router etc. People are doing this all the time and most of them came back to tell you this is not solving their stability problems.

Ask them to disable the WPS setting on both networks (2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz), this is probably the culprit of a lot of problems! Or even better: fix the WPS issue!! You can't expect that non-tech people know how to change router settings. WPS is introduced in 2006 (!!) to make life easier and share security keys in a convenient way. This is an industry standard, available and activated in almost every modern wifi router. Fix this or you will end with a lot of unhappy customers turning their back to Bose.