StrikerJK
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Bose Portable Home Speaker not connecting to spotify after turning on

Product: Bose Portable Home speaker

Issue: After turning on the device the speaker cannot play music from spotify via Google Assistant (and yes I have linked the account before you ask), having to go through the the Bose music app to then I can use it normally but having to use my phone defeats the purpose of getting this speaker, and also means my family cannot use the speaker without me.

Even worse, sometimes the speaker cannot play through either of them, where it acknowledges that I am playing a playlist but then nothing, just continuous loading and having to reset the Wifi on the speaker to fix it. There is an error code for when this happens: C7 - SC3103. 

I have had this speaker for a week and it just struggles to connect to the wifi when turning on. Leaving it continuously on standby is an option but I want to conserve its power and not find myself charging it when I want to use it.

Therefore, if you could into this as I have seen a few threads where people have too found problems similar to spotify playing up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Portable Home Speaker not connecting to spotify after turning on

Author Accepted Answer selected by StrikerJK

Hi @StikerJK, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear if the issues you are experiencing with your Portable Home Speaker, I'll be more than happy to help! 

I would recommend resetting the speaker. You can do this by pressing and holding the play/pause button for 10 seconds. 

I would also recommend removing Spotify as a music service. You can do this in the settings menu of the Bose Music app. 

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by StrikerJK

Hi @StikerJK, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear if the issues you are experiencing with your Portable Home Speaker, I'll be more than happy to help! 

I would recommend resetting the speaker. You can do this by pressing and holding the play/pause button for 10 seconds. 

I would also recommend removing Spotify as a music service. You can do this in the settings menu of the Bose Music app. 

Let me know how it goes!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

StrikerJK
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Thank you worked a treat, after thinking I tried everything with Google and Spotify, all I had to do was remove the account from my account information. It is somewhat hidden as I kept looking through settings to find it, without realising that it existed on the menu when selecting a device. 

Love the Soundlink mini and this speaker is a wonderful upgrade.

dmac80
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Just got this speaker and love it when it actually works. I’m having the same exact issues described in the original post. I’ve tried everything from resetting my android phone (Samsung galaxy s8) , to factory resetting speaker, unlinking and linking all accounts etc. it works for a day or so then same thing. sometimes while playing fine all of a sudden the lights blink orange and it stops.  

Just did the 10 seconds play/pause button rest and that brought it back -for now. If it flakes out one more time I’m returning it for a Sonos move. Bose needs to get their act together. 

Vicky_W

I am sorry about this @dmac80. Are you able to find the speaker on Spotify connect at all?

dmac80
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Hi when this behavior occurs spotify will also not connect to the speaker from within the spotify app. It just tries forever. It is still listed as a device but not connection. The one and only fix (workaround) is rebooting the speaker by holding the play/pause button for 10 seconds. This has fixed it 100% of the time for me on the spot. Now used it 5 or 6x to fix. I'm glad I found a workaround but Bose needs to figure this one out and fix it, as it appears to be affecting many users and speaker types based on the replies here.

dmac80
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Hate to be the turd in the punchbowl after all the praise in the 500 speaker fix for alexa and spotify,  but my home portable after undocking it and letting it boot, then I asked it to play a spotify playlist which the google assistant confirmed. It then did the usual blinking white lights but nothing. Probably the 25th time it has done this to me in my 2 weeks of ownership. So the problem persists at least for the home portable using google assistant and spotify,......When this occurs I then open the Bose Music app and it won't connect to the speaker or spotify. The "fix" (workaround) which thankfully works every time I've tried it (10 plus times now) is to hold play/pause button for about 10 seconds to reboot and it then connected cleanly and is working witjh spotify. I hope Bose does not consider this fixed and is trying to understand what the problem is.

Charlotte_G

@dmac80 Hey. The fix for Alexa and Spotify is totally separate from the problem you are describing. That fix came on Amazon's end and is not related. 

It sounds like a possible configuration with your network that may be causing this to happen. I had a similar experience with my Home Speaker 500 where Spotify was not stable at all, but changing my router settings completely rectified this. Do you have a dual-band router? (2.4GHz & 5GHz)

dmac80
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

ok good info. I have a dual band google nest WIFI connected to my cable router/modem. It is broadcasting in both bands yes and my mobile device (android phone) and home portable are connected to the advertised google nest network. Any tips?

Charlotte_G

@dmac80 So do you have the bands split? If so, which band do you have the speaker connected to? 

We also have a list of the recommended router settings. Please take a look at them and try to match them as close as possible:

• UPnP - Enable
  • Multicast - Enable
  • IGMP - Enable
  • Wireless Isolation - Disable
  • IGMP Proxy - Disable
  • Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N
  • Stealth mode - Disable
  • MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list
  • WPS - Disable
  • Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.
  • Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.
  • WMM – Disable.

Once you have been through this, please let me know the outcome.