Highlighted
xfoly8
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Bose SB 700 not working with Sony XBR-65X8500

Hello,

I am having the exact same issues stated above with my Sony Bravia XBR-65X8500.  Setup didnt find the codes and asked me for the model number and told me it was set up after I punched in the model number of the TV.  The Bose bar does control the on and off of the TV, and controls the volume if I initiate the volume change on the TV remote first (the volume indicator bar has to stay active on the TV screen or the Bose remote won't work). All updates for TV and Soundbar are up to date.  I have done all the suggestions in this post (I.e. hard restart for both TV and Soundbar, ensuring IR line of site is clear etc.).  What do I do now?

David

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose SB 700 not working with Sony XBR-65X8500

Hi @xfoly8,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues controlling your Sony TV with your Bose remote. Have you always used the Soundbar 700 with this Sony TV?

The reason you may be experiencing issues could be due to signal interference or blocking. Where do you have your soundbar situated and are there any physical barriers surrounding the soundbar that could stop it from communicating with your TV?

The IR emitters/receivers on the Soundbar 700 are situated on the far left side of the system, so let me know if there is anything pressed up against that left side which may be causing an issue!

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

xfoly8
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

There is nothing around the soundbar.  I did notice that if I moved to within a meter or so of the soundbar, the remote worked on the TV.  I have zero issues with the remote working with the soundbar by itself.

Thank you for the update @xfoly8.

That is helpful to know. If you were to normally watch TV whilst sitting how far would you say you are from the soundbar/TV screen? What is the approximate distance?

Where is the soundbar placed in relation to your TV - directly below? Slightly further out or slightly behind? Knowing this information will help me get an idea of why possibly the signal may be having an issue going from your soundbar to TV for control.

Warm regards,

Sam F