pchoustontx
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2021

Bose Smart Speaker 500 - Ring doorbell notifications on Alexa are not working after latest update.

The latest update removed the Ring doorbell notifications that Alexa would voice, "Someone's at your door". That makes using this device for Alexa rather pointless if you have a ring doorbell. 

Can someone tell me how to fix this? 

Thank you

Bose product name 

Bose 500 Smart Speaker

Country

United States

Firmware Version

10.0.11-9517+741507e

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on:
Android Galaxy S21 Ultra 

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I have the default AI as Alexa and it use to work flawlessly on all Ring doorbell commands, before the latest update. When someone rang the doorbell, it use to verbally state, "Someone is at your door" on the Bose speaker. Now, after this update, it stopped doing this.

I contacted Ring whom informed me that there is no issue on their end. I tested this using an old echo device I have and they are correct. It works on that device and worked up until the end of last month.

What environment do you experience the issue in? Home

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Just after the last update. It was working without issue prior.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reinstalled both the Bose music and Alexa apps, Disabled/Re enabled the skill in the Amazon app. Power cycled all devices.  Tested using an old echo device and it works on that device and that tells me there is something wrong with the last update on the Bose music app / firmware update.

3 REPLIES 3
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Smart Speaker 500 - Ring doorbell notifications on Alexa are not working after latest up...

Hello pchoustontx,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

Regrettably Ring doorbell is not a supported feature, you can view this HERE. It is bizarre that this function did work for you, however it was never officially supported. Although Ring doorbell is not currently a supported feature, we appreciate your interest and will pass this onto the development team.

Have a lovely day.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
BibinV
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2021

Re: Bose Smart Speaker 500 - Ring doorbell notifications on Alexa are not working after latest up...

I should say this was a feature many of us use. I had my Bose Soundbar 500 announcing Ring notifications and as the user mentioned it is not supported anymore. Is there any way to raise the priority for this. Thanks 

Ksweidner
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2021

Re: Bose Smart Speaker 500 - Ring doorbell notifications on Alexa are not working after latest updat

I had the Ring Doorbell announcements on my Bose 500 speaker as well. They magically started working at the beginning of the year, maybe February, and also stopped in May. Perhaps they were running a Beta but you would think the CS at Bose should know that. I vote they enable it again.