prasadduvvi
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Bose SoundBar 700 - No audio from Netflix and Prime Video

Hello Team,

I'm facing an issue with my Bose SoundBar 700 since June 2020. I spoke to your technical support people many times but they couldn't figure out the issue. 

Detailed description of the Issue:

My SoundBar 700 works fine with YouTube but there is no audio from Netflix and Prime Video. This is very annoying situation. 

Troubleshooting steps performed:

I followed the instructions provided in the YouTube video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=VNYI7VaJFZs like 100 times so far. It works for an half day or day and there will be no audio from Netflix and Prime video after that. I tried switching to the optical cable but I'm 200% sure it is not the same digital quality as the HDMI Arc. There is a lot of difference. This is very annoying that I spent $700 on a product which doesn't really work. I'm tired of calling your technical support as well due to the long wait times and the same repeated steps with no result.

When in warranty, one of your technical support person told me to buy a new SoundBar if I continue to experience the same issue. Is this really the suggestion you are providing to all the customers? I couldn't post in the community all these days as I continued with the temporary fix but today I'm out of my patience levels so, PLEASE HELP WITH THIS! 

My location:  Florida, USA

Thank you in Advance!

Tell us what you think: https://bose.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6ysb2UzGMb8e4Sh?v=VNYI7VaJFZsAre you curious about the HDMI ARC feature built into your So...
6 REPLIES 6
Jessie_O

Re: Bose SoundBar 700 - No audio from Netflix and Prime Video

Hey Prasadduvvi, 

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with Netflix and Amazon Prime. I'll be more than happy to help in any way that I can.

So that I can have a better understanding of your set up, can you tell me how you watch Netflix and Amazon Prime? Are you using an app on your smart TV or a smart Blueray player or gaming console? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
prasadduvvi
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Hi Jessie,

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime Video apps installed on my smart TV (LG). I still don't understand why the SoundBar works perfectly fine with Youtube but not with Netflix and Prime Video.

Thanks,

Prasad Duvvi

Jessie_O

Thanks for confirming this, Prasad. 

Just so to put your mind at ease, with our systems, there is really no difference in audio quality between the optical and the HDMI ARC connection. The HDMI does offer additional features though, for example, CEC is the technology that allows your products to turn on at the same time.

The reason you are able to get sound from selected apps and not from others is likely due to the High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. HDCP is a form of digital copy protection developed by Intel Corporation to prevent the copying of digital, audio, and video content as it travels across connections.

Therefore, I recommend connecting via optical or using a different 3rd party product to watch these applications. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
prasadduvvi
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Hi Jessie/Team,

Hope everything is well!!

As per your suggestion, I’ve been using my Soundbar 700 with optical and I can clearly say there is a difference in the sound quality for sure. I’m about to plan an order for Bass module 700 and wanted to give another try with hdmi arc on the soundbar one more time.

can you please help me provide instructions on how to factory reset Soundbar 700 and the remote to the day I got them first time? Like a brand new setup. This might help upgrade the firmware too.

Thank you in Advance!
Prasad Duvvi

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi prasadduvi,

Thanks for the update! If you think there is a difference in sound when using the optical, it may be that the TV is using a different audio format when the optical connection is being used. I'd recommend looking into this before attempting a factory reset as it is more likely to improve the sound quality than a factory reset. On your TV, you'll want to go to the sound/audio settings and there should be an option to change the audio format. The soundbar can use either Dolby Digita, DTS, or PCM 2.0 over the optical cable so try any of these that are available and see which sounds best to you!

If you do want to factory reset your soundbar, you can do this by following the steps shown HERE.

I hope this helps!

prasadduvvi
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Hi Jessie/Team,

I think I've figured out the issue here that's been causing "No Audio" from Netflix, Prime Video etc applications. My LG TV's sound setting has below two under HDMI ARC:

Digital Sound Out set to "Auto"

eARC set to "ON" 

I've turned off the eARC and everything is working fine. I believe the HDMI cable that came with my Soundbar 700 last year doesn't support eARC. Is there a specific HDMI cable that supports eARC as well? I'm confident that if I get eARC compatible HDMI cable then problem solved. 

Thanks,

Prasad Duvvi.