Highlighted
BornToFly
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter - Bluetooth auto-connect, auto-off problems

Greetings all.  This is my first post.  I need your help addressing a few issues with my new Bose SoundTouch Wireless Adapter model 422921.  Here’s how the SoundTouch Adapter is configured:

Apple TV 4K model A1842 => via bluetooth to SoundTouch Adapter => via optical cable to CineMate 130 model 414642

Limitations:

I’m limited to using the SoundTouch Adapter for audio (instead of HDMI ARC) because I have two viewing targets: a Samsung HDTV for daytime and; an Epson Home Cinema 2150 Projector for nighttime.  HDMI ARC works great for the Samsung HDTV, but is not an option for the Epson Projector audio.  The SoundTouch Adapter is the only way I can find to handle audio for both viewing targets.

Issues:

1. Every time I power up the Apple TV and CineMate 130, I have to manually select the bluetooth-pairing-button on top of the SoundTouch Adapter to connect audio.  Can the SoundTouch Adapter be configured to auto-start & pair with the Apple TV when the Apple TV is powered up?  Note I can’t use the SoundTouch app since I have no SoundTouch speakers.  Nor could I find anything in the SoundTouch app user-manual addressing this issue.

2. If the Apple TV is paused for more than about 10 min, the SoundTouch Adapter disconnects Bluetooth.  Can the SoundTouch Adapter be configured to prevent auto-off?

2 REPLIES 2
BornToFly
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

Re: Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter - Bluetooth auto-connect, auto-off problems

Cheaper bluetooth adapters like "TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver, Digital Optical TOSLINK and 3.5mm Wireless Audio Adapter" from Amazon, auto-paired on startup of the Apple TV 4K.  Problem was the cheaper one did a crappy job passing bass to the CineMate 130.  Whereas, the Bose SoundTouch Adapter provies excellent sound quality to the CineMate 130.

I called Bose customer support several times & they were no help.  And I was unable to find any solutions in the community database either.

Re: Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter - Bluetooth auto-connect, auto-off problems

Hello BornToFly,

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

The SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter does not have any additional features to allow you to adjust auto-connect/auto-off settings. 

Bluetooth connections can be somewhat unreliable when it comes to video as fluctuations can lead to latency delays. Have you considered using an HDMI sender device that will link from your Cinemate 130 video output to the projector, to allow you to maintain a hardware connection between the Apple TV and the Soundbar? This would ensure no latency and an always-available connection when powered on. 

I would also recommend using some form of an HDMI switch to allow you to choose between the HDMI sender for the projector or the Television when the projector is not in use.

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support