Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Bose Soundbar 500 Alexa and google assistant does not work

Dear Support ,

one of the main reason i bought the soundbar 500 it was because of the Alexa buildin but when i select voice assistant it says may be alexa can not work in your area. i have an Amazon Echo pot with Alexa which work fine . can you please assist to sort it out.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundbar 500 Alexa and google assistant does not work

Hello,

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are unable to get voice assistants to work with your Soundbar 500. 

I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. So I can provide you with the most accurate information, can you please confirm for me your country of residence? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Many thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Hello Tegan,

thanks for your quick , i am in Zambia / Africa , all my other Alexa build in devices work perferctly only the Bose system . 

Popaul 

Highlighted

Hello Popaul,

Thank you very much for your confirmation of this.

I am afraid that the integration of Alexa and Google Assistant within the Soundbar 500 are currently not available within your region. I apologise for any disappointment which this causes, as I understand this was a prime reason of purchase. At this time we do not have any further information as to whether this will be implemented for access within your region, however if we do get any information regarding this the community will be updated. 

I apologise again for the inconvenience of this. 

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.