Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Bose Soundbar 500 “Not Available” in Bose Music App

I purchased a soundbar 500 & base 500 module, on receipt of it I successfully followed the setup procedure and all working perfectly - both the system and the app (IOS) together with all functions as expected. A couple of days later my app would not pick up my system, showing it as “Not Available” in the home screen. I tried all of the troubleshooting steps, rebooting, reconnecting etc etc, but no result. Eventually I came across another similar forum on this issue but at setup stage, the suggestion was made to “turn off syncronisation of the wifi 2.4 & 5ghz bands in the hub settings”, I am not overly technically minded but managed to find and do this in my Sky hub settings. Returned to the app - success! It worked, and continued to work for the rest of that evening. The next day.. I have come home and gone onto the app... “Not available” message once again. Can anyone help me with what may be the problem? It is becoming very very annoying as without the app I cannot adjust sound settings, access the full functions etc.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundbar 500 “Not Available” in Bose Music App

Hi Aaron216,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having some trouble using the Bose Music app with your soundbar and I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already so thank you for trying that and letting us know. Separating the 2.4 and 5GHz bands is always a great step when you encounter this issue.

There are some other settings on your router that could be causing the communication issues with the app. I will post these below so if you want to try and set this up yourself you can. 

As you mentioned you don't consider yourself overly technically minded, you can also reach out to your local support team for assistance getting these settings optimized for your soundbar. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Recommended router settings for Bose Music compatibility

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.